Mom kills her two teens for being mouthy.

parados

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2011 07:38 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
So, making a gun is as easy as buying one?
FBM

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2011 08:33 pm
If, heaven forbid, I ever had children, I'd feel it my duty to teach my children how to use firearms safely. I wouldn't, however, teach them to love guns. That would be up to them. I have guns, but I don't love them. They're just tools. I use them for target practice and hunting when I'm back home.

I have, however, twice in my life used a handgun to thwart would-be attackers who were targeting me and a family member. Oh, and once to scare away some dogs that were chasing me.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2011 11:45 pm

I love all of mine

David
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2011 11:51 pm
@parados,
not equally
FBM

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2011 12:00 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

I love all of mine

David

I used to, but I dunno. It feels like something has changed in our relationships. We've grown more distant over the years. They're not really the guns I remember from so long ago, somehow. I'm sure I've changed, too, though. I find myself wondering what it would be like to shoot other people's guns, for example. And I know for a fact that, while I've been in Korea, my best friend has been shooting my guns. It's hard to reconcile. I know I'll go back, that's not in question. It's just...well...the feeling is gone, y'know? I'm not sure things will ever be the way they were. Not sure I want them to be, really. I dunno. I'm so confused. *sigh*
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2011 05:20 am
@FBM,
U need more & better guns !
FBM

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2011 05:35 am
@OmSigDAVID,
I'm thinking more guns and better friends.
Fido

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2011 06:27 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

I love all of mine

David
So Sad to love junk that can never love you back...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2011 06:41 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

U need more & better guns !
You need better friends and the ability to face life, fear and all... You may have heard; but I tried to stop some armed robbers who crashed their car near my house and came running through my yard... Thinking they were kids I tried to make them stop with a shovel in my hand... They slowed up for a moment and then scattered...

I ended up helping the cop to run one of them to exhaustion, and saw him cuffed and hauled away... The funny thing is that in ten years my hand guns were never closer... They are burried in a wall most of the time, but with working on the house I had access to them sufficiently to oil them down before putting them back; but on that day, new years eve day they were sitting on the bed room floor... But I didn't have time to get them... When stuff started happening it was happening so fast that I had time for nothing... The cop said stay back, but I knew where I was going and the criminal too... I said: You got a gun; Let's go!!! And I led the way...I was the only one not huffing and puffing when we caught the guy...

If you think you need a gun in hand to act you are nuts... The best weapon is an acute mind on a healthy trained body... We think of cowboys as having guns, but most cowboys carried theirs in an oil cloth in their saddle bag... It was an impediment... And they are still impediments... They get in the way most of the time, and are never there when you need them... And people with guns look for trouble... I just avoid the places where trouble starts and don't start trouble where I is...
parados

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2011 07:59 am
@OmSigDAVID,
So buying a gun is much easier than making one. In fact someone can buy a gun and shoot someone in less than 5 days. But in order to decide to build a gun and kill someone would take a lot longer, weeks, months or even never since most people aren't skilled enough to do the metal work required to make an automatic weapon.
Ragman

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2011 08:29 am
@Fido,
Well said. Thanks for your sane and insightful addition.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2011 08:37 am
A conversation is a dialogue, not a monologue. That's why there are so few good conversations: due to scarcity, two intelligent talkers seldom meet.
- Truman Capote

Fido

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2011 10:57 am
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:

A conversation is a dialogue, not a monologue. That's why there are so few good conversations: due to scarcity, two intelligent talkers seldom meet.
- Truman Capote

Ya! I would say that Truman knows; but I know better... The trick is to be open to the intelligent and intelligence around us... I had a guy helping me on my house, sort of a black sheep... It turns out that he holds three college degrees and never had to crack a book, and simply preferes to work with his hands, as did I... I hold no degrees, and always have several books in the process of being read... I get little from lectures, and he did with nothing else... Each of our success has been limited, and each of us has struggled with relationship, but it is because I at least am intelligent that I find the intelligent, appreciate the intelligent, and find it at least as common as ignorance...No one does it alone, and taping into the common mind, sharing your intelligence and using theirs- to me, holds the answer to responsible social change as opposed to mad and mindless revolution...
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2011 12:20 pm
@FBM,
FBM wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:

I love all of mine

David

I used to, but I dunno. It feels like something has changed in our relationships. We've grown more distant over the years. They're not really the guns I remember from so long ago, somehow. I'm sure I've changed, too, though. I find myself wondering what it would be like to shoot other people's guns, for example. And I know for a fact that, while I've been in Korea, my best friend has been shooting my guns. It's hard to reconcile. I know I'll go back, that's not in question. It's just...well...the feeling is gone, y'know? I'm not sure things will ever be the way they were. Not sure I want them to be, really. I dunno. I'm so confused. *sigh*
Okay, seriously? That's scary. Razz
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2011 12:35 pm
@FBM,
FBM wrote:
I'm thinking more guns and better friends.
That 's good too. I hope that your friends have good guns & plenty of them !

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2011 12:44 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
So buying a gun is much easier than making one.
In fact someone can buy a gun and shoot someone
in less than 5 days. But in order to decide to build
a gun and kill someone would take a lot longer,
weeks, months or even never since most people
aren't skilled enough to do the metal work
required to make an automatic weapon.
I remember a case of a breakout
from a prison after some criminals built
a fully operational submachinegun in
the prison workshop, one-part-at-a-time,
with the guards around, and assembled it in private.

Geeeez, if u wanna kill someone, its kinda drastic
to build an automatic weapon; kinda unusual.

If u need speed, u can pound him with a rock
or apply a serrated knife to a carotid artery.

Killers did not wait around until guns were invented
before thay began murdering.

David
parados

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2011 02:40 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:

So... since murderers can use anything why let them have access to guns?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2011 04:43 pm
@parados,
Quote:

parados wrote:
So... since murderers can use anything why let them have access to guns?
Its IMPOSSIBLE to stop them; not even in prison.

How many criminals do u know
who have found it impossible to have access to marijuana ?

Y let them have access to marijuana ?
FBM

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2011 07:42 pm
@Arella Mae,
Wink
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2011 08:07 pm
@David:

My friends and I are well-equipped, thanks. Some here may be surprised to learn that, despite having had oodles of firearms at our disposal at practically any time since childhood, none of my friends or family have killed anybody with one, not even by accident. (Except for the ones who fought overseas with the military, that is, but that's government-sanctioned killing.) Based on the images that some here present, I feel like we're underachievers now. What are we going to have to do to catch up to the Jones on this one? Advice please...(but keep in mind that we're not into drugs or robbery or anything like that.)
0 Replies