Mom kills her two teens for being mouthy.

parados

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2011 10:29 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
I merely encourage every American citizen
who is able to lift n point a gun to assume
the same demeanor as the police or the Army
around American citizens, which is to keep
guns safely secured in their holsters
unless and until presented with
a clear & present danger
of imminent violence against him or her.

Which quite clearly destroys your idiotic argument David. A holstered gun wouldn't have made a bit of difference in this case.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2011 12:03 pm
@parados,
David wrote:
I merely encourage every American citizen
who is able to lift n point a gun to assume
the same demeanor as the police or the Army
around American citizens, which is to keep
guns safely secured in their holsters
unless and until presented with
a clear & present danger
of imminent violence against him or her.

parados wrote:
Which quite clearly destroys your idiotic argument David.
Hurling personal invective,
hitting the messenger below the belt,
turning attention away from the substance
of the message, reveals more about the hurler
than about his target.
I choose not to lower myself to respond in kind.

parados wrote:
A holstered gun wouldn't have made a bit of difference in this case.
This is uncertain; like chicken soup, the presence of
a defensive gun woud not have harmed either victim.
As to the boy, he might well have had a fighting chance.
Your argument, Parados,
is in the same principle as saying:
"victims of fatalities in vehicular collisions sometimes
have been found wearing seatbelts.
Therefore, passengers in cars
shoud NOT wear seatbelts because thay r useless." NO sale.

Long has Man used many available tools,
tho thay be less than 100% perfect.

We do the best with what we can.

David
ABE5177

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2011 02:47 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
What about the Texas woman drowned her five children in a bathtub?????

Stop washing go dirty, that'as the ticket to eternal life!!!!!!!!
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2011 04:17 pm
@ABE5177,
ABE5177 wrote:

Andrea Yates.

ABE5177 wrote:
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2011 04:19 pm
Guns for toddlers - the new mantra.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2011 04:25 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
Guns for toddlers - the new mantra.
That 's an exaggeration; thay have to be able
and willing to support the presure of the recoil,
but I remember lusting n yearning for the revolvers on the police, when I was 3.

I coud toddle n lust simultaneously.

David
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2011 04:31 pm
Only an idiot would give a 3 year old a gun. Perhaps, for the sake of sanity, you shouldn't comment on parental issues. You'd be a lousy parental figure.
Ceili

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2011 04:43 pm
@Ceili,
I think I'll tag all your posts with a big zero too Dave. What the hell, they all have the same deranged message, and once you've read one, you've read all you ever have to say.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2011 04:47 pm
@Ceili,
Ceili wrote:
Only an idiot would give a 3 year old a gun.
OK, u got me. I guess that 3 is too young to be competent in gunnery,
but that did not stop me from lusting for police's revolvers, tho I got nothing for another 5 years.

Lemme ask u Ceili, (or anyone)
suppose that a toddler were about to be murdered.
(Refer to those who actually WERE murdered.)
Woud u prefer that he have no access to a gun,
or that he have one within reach ?

Ceili wrote:
Perhaps, for the sake of sanity, you shouldn't
comment on parental issues. You'd be a lousy parental figure.
As I have already posted,
I have had very good relations with the children of my girlfriends.
Never any trouble between us, especially after
I give them plenty of $$$$$.
That makes them happy; I 've seen it stop them from crying (in the midst thereof). Try it.

David
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2011 04:51 pm
@Ceili,
Ceili wrote:
I think I'll tag all your posts with a big zero too Dave. What the hell, they all have the same deranged message, and once you've read one, you've read all you ever have to say.
Do it with my blessing, Ceili.
I support the First Amendment, as I do the 2nd one.

David
0 Replies

HexHammer

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2011 09:09 pm
@IRFRANK,
People entering the Meno Pause state will often have a depression, like moms just givign birth can hurt their children by their depressive state.

0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2011 09:33 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
I'm curious Dave. Did you give those kids guns? Did the mom's let you in the house with guns? Did you sit at the kitchen table blabbering on about guns? Did they let their kids touch your guns? Did they allow you to take 'em out shooting? or was it all about the money?
When you split with these poor women, was it because of guns? or was it because you're nuts? or both?

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2011 11:23 pm
@Ceili,
Ceili wrote:
I'm curious Dave. Did you give those kids guns?
No; toy guns that thay asked for in toy stores.

Ceili wrote:
Did the mom's let you in the house with guns?
Yes.

Ceili wrote:
Did you sit at the kitchen table blabbering on about guns?
In the parlor.
My ex-girlfriend, Jane, called me in a state of distress,
about 10 years ago:
her son, Chris, was in danger of getting fired
because he coud not shoot straight on-the-job
as a (new) parole officer. He needed to qualify
on the 9mm Beretta 92. We discussed it in the parlor.
My collection consists predominantly of revolvers,
tho I have a few automatics, but not a Beretta 92.
I took him to a gunnery range: he qualified
and kept his job. He probably still works there.

I did not "give" him a Beretta 92; he bought his own.

There may have been other conversations on the subject. Is that important ?

Ceili wrote:
Did they let their kids touch your guns? Did they allow you to take 'em out shooting?
We went to gunnery ranges for family competitions.

Ceili wrote:
or was it all about the money?
Thay usually tended to LIKE that.
It has a way of showing good will.
I remember, as a kid in school, we got A LOT
of free stuff (mostly paper products).
I remember silently thinking that thay usually
had very little value, or no value at all; waste.

I thawt that a GOOD gift shoud have VALUE.
CASH has value (if there is enuf of it).
It ofen makes a good impression. Try it and see.

Ceili wrote:
When you split with these poor women, was it because of guns?
No. There was no gun-related trouble.
Y do u say that thay were "poor women" ?

Ceili wrote:
or was it because you're nuts? or both?
R u TRYING to be offensive ?

David
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2011 08:31 am
@ABE5177,
ABE5177 wrote:

Andrea Yates was and still is extremely mentally ill. Hers was not a case of punishing her children. It was a horrible thing but she was very sick.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2011 08:37 am
@Arella Mae,
ABE5177 wrote:

Arella Mae wrote:
Andrea Yates was and still is extremely mentally ill. Hers was not a case of punishing her children. It was a horrible thing but she was very sick.
In my opinion,
there 'd have been a better result
if one her victims had been able to grab up
a weapon and applied it successfully to end the threat.

David
Arella Mae

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2011 08:40 am
@OmSigDAVID,
We all have our opinions. Mine is I stay out of discussions concerning gun control.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2011 08:52 am
@Arella Mae,
Possibly, a knife or a hatchet
woud have worked with a little luck.

David
Fido

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2011 09:34 am
@Ceili,
Ceili wrote:

This is so tragic.
My heart goes out to the father. He probably didn't even know his wife had bought the gun. Depression is the number one disease. We all know someone who is depressed. To blame the father is a bit premature and wrong. Are we all at fault when we leave a depressed person for an hour or a few days?
As for spanking the kids to prevent this kind of thing happening...
Wow, that's just nuts. Really?!?
If you can't handle the kids talking back, take a vacation, go to the gym, go to the doctor, get some valium... Seriously. Blaming the victims here is retarded. Everybody had attitude at some point, beating a kid to prevent further tantrums only insures other problems.
Arming a child to prevent a parent from shooting them is the worst kind of grimm fairy-tale I can imagine. Jesus, imagine the phycological crap that would leave a person with. I'm agog at the suggestion. Shocked
Ma'am; do you have children??? From my perspective this is a legal problem just as most mental illness is a legal problem.... The way law has managed in a thousand years to creep and crawl into every aspect of our lives without actually giving anyone peace and justice is amazing; and yet people look at law and say we cannot do without it... Is there no natural limit to law... Does it not have to perform a stated purpose to be accepted; because I see that while there was no law as such before, that such behavior as we see in this mother was very rare, even if not totally nonexistence... Oedipus had a stake driven through his feet and was supposed to have been left for dead... Agamemnon sacrificed one of his daughters for favorable winds, for which his wife killed him, and she would have killed her son as well except that he first killed her... In fact, there was no other way back then... One's own family had to kill a murderer, and murder was not so rare...

The thing is that crime is so common because there is no justice and no community control that mental illness seems a minor problem by comparison... And all the while families must suffer mental illness that is not treated with humanity and with public moneys it is becoming more common too, perhaps from life styles; but more likely because of increased uses of chemical in our air, beauty products and food... The treatment of mental health issues, like most problems of health are really public issues, but most families are left to bear the burden themselves... But this is what law demands because it does not give justice, but does make injustice legal; and because law makes the police, the lawyers, the builders of prisons and their suppliers, and judges and hangers on of every sort rich while it makes all the rest of us poor, it adds to the problem...

Before law when every person was surrounded with natural friends in community, and every community was surrounded by enemies on par with wild animals it was easy to correct the behavior of children... Even today, most children manage with good enough parenting to became acceptible adults... But many parents do feel the fear of their children as do many teachers... A careless word or unkind accusation can ruin a carreer... Parents have to fear to correct a child in speech and behavior because they can call 911, and as it has happened to me, I have learned that when a kid is all worked up to get to the phone first, and who does that serve???

I mean, that kids having no sense of obligation in society are taught they have rights, which is power; but they do not have the sense to use that power for their own good or the good of society; but they only relieve themselves with the help of the police from responsible behavior... They don't know it; but they drive a wedge- with the help of law -between themselves and their parents... The native Americans never beat their children because that child in growing older provided for them and protected them out of honor...Law stands before honor...

We can count on our children for nothing because they are so busy providing for themselves, and who left them with that situation where they must live hand to mouth but us??? We cannot confront organized injustice with organization... We have no communities, and hardly have any families... The only way any of ours can get mental health at government expense is to commit some crime, and become a ward of the state, and we will still pay for it...

We cannot live this way... The only reason any parent should beat their child is by way of teaching them that in the end, law will show them no more mercy than an out of control parent... But we are all losers, made a society of losers by the inevitable power creep of law which knows no limit... It has destroyed the community and is killing the family, and when that dies, forget having a society of any sort... It will be every man for himself...
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2011 09:43 am
@OmSigDAVID,
What? Are you serious. What child is going to stab, club or shoot their mother? Be serious. what child would consider that possibility even at the moment their being attacked that their parent would want to kill them.
Fido

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2011 09:47 am
@IRFRANK,
IRFRANK wrote:

Quote:
Maybe if she had spanked them once or twice when they were young they would have had the fear of jesus instilled into them and no killing would have been necessary... Parents have no authority any more... Now we have to settle for influence... I think it is time for parents to fight back... Why saddle society with any more failures who have no self respect or respect for others... Such people are a waste of space above ground and below it as well...

So, you are blaming the children?

This mom did fight back, effectively.

Wow.
I blame law which does not give justice, but does disempower parents and utterly destroys communities and community control over their own, and it often makes enemies of parents and children because the kids when angry invoke law, and leave the parents powerless to correct their children until their children empowered become a legal menace...

Marx in his day of blooming capitalism said that children need protection from their parents; but with the inevitable march of law into all our affairs parents need protection from law... It should not be presumed that because children are small that they are just, or helpless... Some of them do not have the sense to use the rights law gives them wisely, and yet a parent is obligated to support and educate their children in spite of this... It think the state ought to raise every kid that calls 911 on their parents or teachers... They would sure as **** stop answering the calls... But they don't... They can't put a roof over all those idiots or feed them; but they can make the lives of parents miserable by making them endure the tyranny of their children who have rights without good sense...

Law is the problem... We suffer poverty by law and for law and through law; and out of poverty comes crime that only empoverishes us more... Parents need power to be parents, and law reserves all power to itself... Because of this fact, too many children never have to grow up, and our prisons are full of people with mental issues; but mostly with that inability to grow up and take responsibility... Law never required it of them when young, and now they are too old to learn.