Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2003 03:11 am
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 723 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Shajahan

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2003 12:10 am
You have explained the act and not the cause.

The west could not control Israel and brokered a peace agreement acceptable to all parties.

On the other hand, the west think that getting support from certain leaders in Islamic countries is all that enough to appease the muslims all over the land. These muslim leaders are all selfish men who at any cost wanted to keep their land, money and power intact by using the outside help. They do nothing for the people.

The west should turn their attention to the feelings of the common men on the streets of the islamic world and respect their feeling - not the political leaders.

The west always support the wrong men for their own convenience and later found them a nuisance and starts fighting them.

Say for example - Taliban and bin Laden - both got support from the west when they were fighting the communist Russia. At that time, it suited the west to finance, arm and support the same group against which they went later with a murderous vengeance.

Another - the US supported Saddam and armed him while he was waging a war against Khomeini of Iran. Because US feared the wave of Islamic Preachings by khomeini would engulf the whole Arab world and it would endanger their oil interest in Gulf. What they forgot was that Khomeini was a shiaite leader and the whole mass of Arab world would have rejected him enmasse. But in their panic the west and the communist Russia both armed Saddam and his regime. The communist worry were that the Islamic wave generated by Khomeini would unrest the Muslim provinces in the erstwhile soviet country. But now what happened? The US was on the hunt for the dictator.....!!!

The oil wealth in the Gulf belongs to the people of Arabian peninsula. But the west wanted to rob the wealth of the people using some disgruntled leaders. This is where people getting upset and encourages any kind of attack on the symbols of the west whether right or wrong....

Its only they need an outlet for their anger......

And any community, there will always be someone available to encash on this.......

The gulf is no different......
0 Replies

Rella

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2003 07:51 am
Thank you for your suggestions and information. Smile
However, I think I should say that I'm trying to look at each of these people individually and find specific reasons in their life which drove them to kill themselves and others.
0 Replies