Canadian stuck in America

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2011 11:29 pm
I have a huge problem. For the past ten years I've been in and out of the U.S and Canada. I'm a Canadian citizen in America, and unfortunatley when I was fifteen I tried to get back into the United States but they wouldn't let me back in (deported me back to Canada) so they stamped in my passport "No Entry", that was three years ago. I managed to get back into America. And I've been trying to get legal for so long. Trying to gather up information and what not. I've got my original birth certificate, my canadian social insurance number, and an american student I.D. Unfortunatley though, my dad lost my passport a while ago and my grandma has to re-apply for it (since she applied for it when I was ten). They looked all over the internet and found that being in the situation that I'm in, I'd have to be back in Canada. But if they find out I'm here illegaly (if I try and cross the border) then what will happen to me? Most likely I couldn't get back into America. I just want to know if there is ANYTHING I can do where I wouldn't have to worry about if I can never get back into the States again. I have no criminal records, DUI's or anything. I'm just someone that at a young age was put in a bad situation that I had no control over. Now, I'm trying to move back to Canada with my boyfriend (or at least visit), and I guess I could easily say "Hey, I'm canadian! Let me back into my country." They probably would, but the question is 'Will them knowing I'm here for the second time let me back into america?'
Please, if someone could give me some help on what to do, I'd appreciate it tremendously.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,639 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Ceili

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2011 10:22 am
@XBordomeX,
I'm not sure why you can't get your own passport. You can get the forms online, get a picture almost anywhere, and as long as you can find another canadian with a passport, you've got your signature. So why does gramma have to be involved? Unless you need a Canadian address, but I don't think that's necessary either. Call a consulate and ask them if it will be a problem or if they can help you get a new passport. When you come back into Canada, you go through Canadian immigration not the USA border control.

When you were deported, you were a minor? yes? You might want to hire a lawyer or someone who deals with border issues and who knows if it matters or not.
0 Replies