jcboy

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2011 06:37 pm
This tread should be moved to the humor forum. Smile
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2011 05:25 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Finn dAbuzz wrote:

I suspect that, based on your background , you could hold your own, but hingehead and Cyclo? Never.

What a joke. I certainly would eat your lunch in a debate. Just as I actually did all the way through high school and college with people like you, who were big on fuzzy principles and small on the ability to make logical defense of their arguments under questioning.

Cycloptichorn

Awwwhh, did I hurt your feelings ? Wink

Whether or not you could eat my lunch in a debate isn't the issue, so buck up your self-esteem and tamp down your testosterone Cyclo.

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2011 05:28 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:

Finn dAbuzz wrote:

I suspect that, based on your background , you could hold your own, but hingehead and Cyclo? Never.

What a joke. I certainly would eat your lunch in a debate. Just as I actually did all the way through high school and college with people like you, who were big on fuzzy principles and small on the ability to make logical defense of their arguments under questioning.

Cycloptichorn

Awwwhh, did I hurt your feelings ? Wink

What made you think that?

Quote:
Whether or not you could eat my lunch in a debate isn't the issue, so buck up your self-esteem and tamp down your testosterone Cyclo.

Oh, I agree that it's not really a question that you wouldn't be able to hang with me in a debate - let alone these creationist mouth-breathers.

Cycloptichorn
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2011 06:02 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I finally understand the significance of your icon. It only took you 3 minutes to respond!

You should change your screen name to Sauron.

It's very amusing that someone who greatly prides himself on his powers of reasoning so often resorts to childish retorts.
Smile
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2011 06:04 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

I finally understand the significance of your icon. It only took you 3 minutes to respond!

I just happened to be reading when you posted. Next time, I'll wait longer, so you don't get pretensions regarding your importance.

Damn, I responded too quick again!

Quote:
You should change your screen name to Sauron.

It's very amusing that someone who greatly prides himself on his powers of reasoning so often resorts to childish retorts.
Smile

It's a sign of contempt, Finn. You refuse to engage in any sort of discussion which would require anyone, let alone myself, t0 engage their powers of reasoning. You rarely attempt to defend any point you make and you rarely if ever provide any sort of background evidence to support your positions. I can't respect someone who refuses to do these things, yet sees themselves as a productive contributor. Why should I show you anything else? I've learned that it's not even worth my time to attempt to seriously engage you, because you'll just back away - sneering all the while, as if you weren't a cur in an alley running from a man with a stick.

I'll say this, at least - you seem to have learned to stop posting while drunk. Which is too bad, really.

Cycloptichorn
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2011 06:12 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
And an even more childish retort, and this time in only 2 minutes!
Very Happy

What a mighty opponent you think you are!

BTW - I am currently buzzed, not on alcohol but even in my altered state (or because of it) it's quite easy to manipulate you.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2011 06:15 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

BTW - I am currently buzzed, not on alcohol but even in my altered state (or because of it) it's quite easy to manipulate you.

Is that what you believe you are currently doing? Pray tell, how?

I respond to you because it's fun to bait you, Finn. And because you rise to it. Like a kid on the playground who can't figure out why people keep picking on them. You'll catch on sooner or later.

Cycloptichorn
hingehead

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2011 06:17 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
And an even more childish retort, and this time in only 2 minutes!
What a mighty opponent you think you are

Hypocrisy. You're doing it right.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2011 06:20 pm
@hingehead,
Brilliant, and so cutting. I doubt I will be able to post on this thread again.
hingehead

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2011 06:24 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
You're still doing it right.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2011 08:57 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Is that what you believe you are currently doing? Pray tell, how?

I respond to you because it's fun to bait you, Finn. And because you rise to it. Like a kid on the playground who can't figure out why people keep picking on them. You'll catch on sooner or later.

Cycloptichorn

Cyclo wrote:
Just as I actually did all the way through high school and college with people like you, who were big on fuzzy principles and small on the ability to make logical defense of their arguments under questioning.

My experience tells me that people who can't move on from past humiliations are a sad lot.

Those bastards didn't really mean to negate you Cyclo.
IRFRANK

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2011 09:22 pm
@fresco,
Quote:
The link does not seem to work, but why even raise the matter ?

I would merely remark that as a Brit, such "heated discussion" about creationism seems to be an energy wasting curiosity confined to areas of the USA. In Europe it is a non-issue for most.

Someone on this forum tried to explain the unusual degree of religiosity amongst Americans by reference to the cultural history of of the USA as being a refuge for religious dissenters, but I am yet to be convinced that this is still valid.

It has to do more with ignorance than religion.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2011 09:28 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
In HS and College, I was on the Debate squad. 1/3rd of my college tuition was covered by scholarships due to that Laughing I didn't go around arguing with random assholes, Finn. I beat em in actual debates.

Ta-ta for now, dahhhling...

Cycloptichorn
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2011 09:33 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Mighty!
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2011 03:03 am
@IRFRANK,
Ignorance has two connotations. One is "lack of knowledge" and the second is "the ignoring of knowledge". Assuming the American educational system parallels that found in Europe, I suggest that fundamental religiosity is founded on the second form of ignorance, namely the refusal to consider a dissenter's point of view. This refusal of course has a great sub-clause in it involving the avoidance of "the words of Satan". In the extreme, the rest of the western world sees these fundamentalists as occupying islands of mental isolation as aberrant and bizarre remnants of the historical geographical isolation sought by their ancestors. But there is also an element of "single mindedness" which Europeans might associate with "the pursuit of the American Dream", which might come into the equation. Barnum's dictum "there's one born every minute" is both a recruiting principal for fundamentalists but also a modus vivendi which is acclaimed by general American entrepreneurship.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 07:37 am
@jcboy,
Quote:
This tread should be moved to the humor forum.

Too right. farmerman called his opponents "dim" just yesterday. That's sputtering.

Listen to this--

Quote:
good for you, but avoiding the argument is not exactly the same as joining it.

farmerman has avoided more arguments than anybody I have ever encountered. He cannot face up to the fact that there are social and psychological sciences. He expects everyone to stay within the strict circularities he is ensnared in.

He has me on Ignore. He converses with the mirror.

Yes-the humour forum is the place. Reading his, ros's and Cyclo's posts is very amusing.
0 Replies