Legalise Weed

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2011 07:24 am
Should it be legalised? Are the people who are against legalising non-users?
Is it worse than alcohol?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 3,020 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2011 07:36 am
Whether it will be legalized is a more important question than the rather dubious debate which might arise about whether or not it should. I think it would not be an unreasonable proposition to assume that the overwhelming majority of those who are opposed to the legalization of the drug are not themselves users. It would be hard for me to believe that any commonly used drug is worse than alcohol, except, perhaps, for the other ubiquitous forms of sugar.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2011 07:57 am
@tommot2002,
I personally feel ALL drugs should be legalized. But people seem to find stumbling blocks within that statement.

I think the only reason drugs are not legal is because of petty humanistic qualities of enforcement equals non participation. But we all know that is not reality. You can't force a person to comply to something that they do not hold necessary. To do so will only create additional problems.

Making drugs illegal has caused more harm to the world than had they never been made illegal. Yet the supporters of prohibition of drug use refuse to acknowledge this fact.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2011 11:17 am
I don't smloke pot, I don't like it... but only because I don't find the high pleasant. I quit years ago, before I quit downers and cocaine and hallucinogens as a matter of fact.

I do think it should be legal though.
0 Replies

peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2011 01:28 pm
@tommot2002,
Legalizisation of a banned item is more of a social and political subject. With many different points of views, Now if the question is about the advancement of the study of a substance thats affects the brain. Well im all for that. I have a disease that curently has no cure. And to my knowledge we barely scrached the surfarce in understanding how the brain works. So it in that perspective....... I belive it would be a crime not to explore any possible advancement in medicine that it may provide Smile
0 Replies

JonathanHaver

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2011 07:03 am
@tommot2002,
Quote:
Should it be legalised?

Yes , it should. First off it's very stress relieving.
Secondly there have been many test/experiments on how marijuana helps against diseases.
As shown here. http://legalizationofmarijuana.com/marijuana-facts.html
You can get alot of information on why it should or should not be legalized , here.
http://legalizationofmarijuana.com/pros-and-cons-of-marijuana.html
Quote:
Are the people who are against legalising non-users?

The experience i had with non users is that they usually don't have an opinion on why it should be legalized here.
As for the some non users that are acquainted with ''stoners'.
I think it's still a 50/50% chance that they will want to legalise marijuana.
As it depends on what kind of experience the person has had with it.
Quote:
Is it worse than alcohol?

No , definetly not. As a user of marijuana and alcohol , i think alcohol is worse.
Alcohol causes agression with many people. It also does more damage than marijuana.
Marijuana is more relaxing and soothing. Although it also has a negative effects sometimes.
But this is very rare. Alcohol on the other hand damages more frequently.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2011 06:48 pm
@JonathanHaver,
I quit smoking pot years ago because it abruptly went VERY bad on me. Previous to that I was a real wake and bake guy.
0 Replies

Swa999

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2014 11:37 am
I don't think it will ever be fully legalized anywhere unfortunately Sad

Too many people who make the decisions as to whether it should or shouldn't be legalized have a dim view of what it does and what it is.

They would need to try it to know how harmless it is but that's never going to happen! Sad

Swa
0 Replies