Unusual Case of photo manipulation

pas

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2011 05:01 am
My daughter recently left her place of employment after a long period of unpleasant circumstances and found employment at one of the many opposition buisnesses (Hair salon) her ex boss posted on her facebook page a re worked group photo that was taken at an industry awards night, the photo had my daughters image in it, however, the photo had been photoshopped (badly) and had another girls head on her body.
Can she ask to have it removed? what is her legal standing?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 8 • Views: 1,292 • Replies: 8
No top replies

MonaLeeza

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2011 06:15 am
@pas,
Why get involved in this petty bitchiness? If it's been badly photoshopped it won't do her old bosses credibility any good anyway. Encourage your daughter to have the dignity to ignore it and move on. Success in her new job will be her best revenge.
PUNKEY

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2011 06:17 am
I agree. It's a GREAT story to tell!
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2011 07:54 am
@pas,
Photoshopping your daughter out of a picture is no big deal. If it showed an image of your daughter in a compromising position, that would be another matter, but people cut out other people from photos (especially ex-spouses) all the time.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2011 08:06 am
@MonaLeeza,
MonaLeeza wrote:
Why get involved in this petty bitchiness? If it's been badly photoshopped it won't do her old bosses credibility any good anyway. Encourage your daughter to have the dignity to ignore it and move on. Success in her new job will be her best revenge.

This is the best answer. I'd say listen to this advice.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2011 04:28 pm
@pas,
pas wrote:

... her ex boss posted on her facebook page a re worked group photo ...

This says a lot about FaceBook and it's uses and abuses, as well.

I've heard about an awful lot of abuse attributed to this site.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2011 10:24 pm
@pas,
If you daughter held the legal copyright to that photograph she might have an issue for her exbosses altering of the photograph. Since that is highly unlikely, she doesn't really have any legal recourse.

On the other hand, how much can it hurt for your daughter to simply ask the owner or the manager to remove the doctored photograph? Being polite and humble may get the job done in the first place.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2011 10:27 pm
@tsarstepan,
"On the other hand, how much can it hurt for your daughter to simply ask the owner or the manager to remove the doctored photograph? Being polite and humble may get the job done in the first place."

You're kidding, aren't you?

I can tell I don't know all the details. Please update.

0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2011 10:34 pm
@Reyn,
That isn't a Facebook foible. The same thing could have occurred right here on A2K and often does. We take various photos and "photoshop" them with someone's avatar and then post them here as a joke.

If he was able to post it to her Facebook page, it is because she still has him authorized to do so. She can either remove him from her friend list or block his posts from being displayed on her wall.
0 Replies