Can't print complete line

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 12:58 pm
I have been sent a document as an email attachment. Unfortunately my printer won't print the right end of each line - and these lines contain very important financial information. I have tried both Portrait and Landscape orientation, but they both come out the same.

I have also tried copying this document but although the accompanying greeting can be copied, the text cannot.

The item in question was sent from Europe - would this make any difference?

I need the information available on paper, and the deadline is very soon.

This is urgent!

I know I've had a similar problem with the lines being cut off, but can't recall the solution. I checked my old topics, but don't find anything.

My computer is HP Pavilion 9800, my monitor is HP Pavilion v70, my printer is Canon S600, my OS is XP Home.

Someone please help!!!

Confused Sad

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 623 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Tomkitten

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 01:38 pm
Can't print complete line
OK, I managed to get the stuff bysaving the attachments and printing them out via Photoshop. So the urgency is gone. But why didn't my printer want to print each line completely, from left to right?

And why couldn't I copy it directly? Is that because it's an attachment - like, can't attachments be copied?

The questions are somewhat more academic, now, thank goodness, but I would like answers . . .
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 02:13 pm
Tom, there is not any of the information that would be useful to give an answer in your report.

We know it's an attachment but that only narrows it down to a few thousand file types.

Without seeing the document it might be hard to solve.

Note that documents are not restricted to print to one page. Documents can easily have areas that are outside of the printing area.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 03:49 pm
can't print
I don't think the problem is serious, since I got the result by another route.For the record, the document is jpg, though.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 04:09 pm
Ahh, in that case there are no specified margins and such. I was imagining a Word Document, which would be vastly different.

In the Windows Photo Printing Wizard you need to select an option that gives you control over how it will appear on the printed page (e.g. "full page cropped and rotated to fit").

But the solution you found is just as good as I bet you have more control over the printing.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2003 01:34 pm
Can't print
Craven - How can one access the Windows Photo Printing Wizard you refer to? Is this something buried in the depths of XP or software that neds purchase/installation? I'm just curious, because I have other equivalent programs, but I've come across other references to it, and am just wondering.

Happy Holidays! Very Happy
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2003 03:40 pm
It's just the default way to print images in Windows. I bet you were already using it.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2003 04:49 pm
Can't print
Oh.
0 Replies