Star Wars: Episode 3 (A semester of film study in one and half hours)

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2011 08:57 pm
This week, I kept hearing about this one and a half hour review of Star Wars: Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith and it boggled my mind how anyone could stretch out a movie review for that long.

Boy was I wrong. A guy who goes by the name Plinkett processes the film scene by scene, ripping and tearing the flaws apart in hilarious fashion. But if it was only just a disgruntled Star Wars fanboy simply raving and riffing on Lucas exclamation point to his entire Star Wars franchise then I wouldn't bother bringing it up here.

This Plinkett guy is quite knowledgeable about the process of filmmaking itself. His one and a half hour film is a mini~college course in how not to make a bad film.

What gets me is how he gets away with showing so many of the actual film footage of all the Star Wars films without getting a seize and desist order from George Lucas' band of mighty lawyers.

If anything, watch it because this guy is quite funny. Gets the viewer thinking why the original three movies became classics and why the latter trilogy was a stinkpot created just to make lots of money.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,003 • Replies: 1
No top replies

jcboy

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2011 06:42 pm
These supposedly real changes made to the Blu-Ray release of Star Wars are creating a great disturbance in the Force. George Lucas can't help tinkering with his creation. He has it in his head that CGI looks better than cheap models and props and is constantly trying to make the Original Trilogy look like the prequels. He apparently wants to make Vader more human and less a monster... fans disagree. Wink
0 Replies