janhen2

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2010 10:15 pm
I'm trying to find some works related to class struggle, social class, and money. Anything along those lines sounds good.

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could direct me to authors of cultural hegemony and capitalist philosophy books and similar works. I have been recommended to read Gramsci, so if you know anyone similar, that would be great.

Thanks in advance!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 804 • Replies: 2
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2010 11:02 pm
You should be able to do a simple Google search to find millions of sources on that subject. Class struggle is a universal problem with all the nuances and variations for its causes and effects. If you live in the US, start with the first "poor" immigrants who landed in NY from Europe. It'll be any eye-opener if nothing else.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2010 11:37 pm
@janhen2,
Let me boil it all down for you:

Everyone wants wealth and what wealth can provide --- bar none.

Not everyone is willing to do what it takes to obtain wealth, and some who are, are are prohibited from doing their all.

The former hugely outweighs the latter in today's world.

The human mind is quite capable of coming up with all sorts of clever sounding reasons for why those who are not willing to work for wealth should get a share from those who are.

0 Replies