The stuff that's going to happen over the next century.

roger

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 04:31 pm
I believe that happened with one strain of ebola, patiodog.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 05:02 pm
Sure. Plenty of diseases that were plagues in the ancient world may well be low-grade endemic diseases now.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 05:11 pm
There's a book (a little old now) called "Rats, Lice, and History" (I think, read it a year or two ago, sozobe's recommendation, I think) that gives a bit of a history of infectious disease. There have been great refinements in immunology since then, but the generalizations still hold true.
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 03:55 am
A good book, that. There's a newer one called Guns, Germs, and Steel by Jared Diamond with similar stuff in it
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 06:16 am
I'd like to know the predictions of the so-called experts.
A few years ago two guys here published a book about this subject, looking at predictions over something like 50 years. What they found was that when predicting the future the "experts" are ALWAYS wrong.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 09:29 am
Quote:
There's a newer one called Guns, Germs, and Steel by Jared Diamond with similar stuff in it

A good book, that ... too. Think about it every time I look at that long latitude across Europe and Asia on a map.
0 Replies