Charity question...How long does canned food last?

Setanta

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 10:55 pm
Good for you, Bill. Chef Boy-ar-dee may not be to the taste of us all, but it will be appreciated by those who need it.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 11:23 pm
That's awesome Bill. You gave me my smile for the day :-D
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2003 12:04 am
You Canadians are all right. You wouldn't believe what I have to go through to get girls to smile here! :wink: Smile
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2003 12:05 am
:-D :-D :-D :-D ;-)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2003 12:12 am
Bill
I may not agree with you on many issues, but I also don't always agree with my mother, son and brother on some issues either, but hell, I love them just the same :-D
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2003 12:26 am
No worries. Few do. I'm usually the boss Twisted Evil so I don't get enough "your wrongs" anymore. It's good for my character. Besides, if we all agreed on everything; there wouldn't be much to talk about. Smile
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2003 01:54 am
I couldn't agree more. Sometimes when the mood strikes I actually like to argue a bit, but thankfully it's not often ;-)

I've been the boss myself, so I know where you're coming from.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 05:05 pm
I have many jars of home canned jams and jellies that are several years old. Nothing wrong with them either. As long as the seals good, not gonna worry too much.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 05:19 pm
I lived as a boy with my grandparents, and we produced and canned all of the vegetables, and most of the fruit we ate.

Standard rule of thumb: if the lid don't go "pop" when you open it, the seal's bad--throw it out.
0 Replies

Shadowless-Nightmare

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2004 01:35 pm
Uh well... If your house starts to smell more like a petting zoo and you're discovering more and more giant fungi monsters living in your cupboard its time to get rid of it...
0 Replies