my son has been adopted and got sent to afrcia without his will of leaving

niatese

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 08:26 am
he was taking without his will,hes about to turn 17 my husband and i been trying hard to get him back ,i have emails we sent him money,his foster parents stays in the us and sent him to live there in 2006 he was only to stay for 90 days but hes still there his foster parents are in trouble they have been collecting money from dcfs for him and hes not even in the usa we need help badly we provide for our son we want im home please help us with some information and i even saved everything he sent us tellig us he dont wan to be there he wants to come home to his family
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,362 • Replies: 10
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 12:13 pm
Is he in school?

Tell him to go to the school counselor. She/He will call social services or Protective Services.

Ps If he is under court ordered foster home care, then he must stay there until he is 18. But he can get a message to his case worker that he is unhappy at this home. Perhaps he can get changed.

Why is he in foster care in the US?
Ragman

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 06:34 pm
@PUNKEY,
Clearly it was stated that he's not in USA. So do you really think there's any sort of meaningful social service agency, effective child protective service in Africa...or even counseling, for that matter?
Green Witch

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 06:48 pm
@Ragman,
Quote:
So do you really think there's any sort of meaningful social service agency, effective child protective service in Africa...or even counseling, for that matter?

That is a very naive statement. It would might help to know what country they are in, there is a big difference between a place like Ghana and a place like Niger. Either way, these people need to speak to local governing authorities to start and find a charitable family lawyer at best.
Ragman

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 07:11 pm
@Green Witch,
How about seeing what their answer is before deeming any answer naive?
Green Witch

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 07:49 pm
@Ragman,
Africa is a big continent with something like 50 countries and you state that there are no viable social services anywhere. I call that naive. Do you think they are writing their query on a rock with chisel? Even if they don't own a computer they have apparently found access to one at a library, government office, religious institution, place of employment or community center.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 07:54 pm
@niatese,
Is he adopted or in foster care?

The foster/adoptive parents are in the U.S., and the child is in Africa. Is that correct? what country is your son in?

If DCFS is providing funds to the foster/adoptive parents, why/how are you providing for him?

0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 10:03 pm
@Green Witch,
How absurd! I never said there was no services anywhere in Africa. However, until the OP returns with naming the country it might be a fair GUESS whether in comparison that country MIGHT have less social services Relative to USA!

This is the same continent, keeping in mind, that has significant poverty and government services that generally speaking have difficulty FEEDING their people and are massively corrupt.

Cripes!

Relative to USA, many people might say that the Africa continent has many of 50-ish countries that, for the most part, are 3rd world and has/have NO DFS!

Jeez! Neutral Rolling Eyes

Punkey may have read quickly and thought that the boy was in US.
sozobe

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2010 06:58 am
@Ragman,
Well first the OP says that he is:

Quote:
,his foster parents stays in the us and sent him to live there in 2006 he was only to stay for 90 days but hes still there

But then this seems to contradict it:

Quote:
hes not even in the usa

Definitely confusing.
Ragman

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2010 07:56 am
@sozobe,
It might be me, but it is clear to me that twice OP states that their biological son is in Africa..not US.

sozobe wrote:

Well first the OP says that he is:
Quote:
,his foster parents stays in the us and sent him to live there in 2006 he was only to stay for 90 days but hes still there

His foster parents stay in US and sent him to live in Africa but to ONLY stay for 90 days. Hence, he is still there, at least according to what is written.

Needless, to say, OP needs to return to clarify these matters. For example, if they adopted him then they are NO LONGER his foster parents...but now are his legal guardian and parents. If your biological son is in Africa, it is quite unclear what say you legally have in the matter of where he lives - especially in a foreign country.

Also, OP does not say why he was removed from the care they were providing.
sozobe

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2010 09:10 am
@Ragman,
With the title, I think you're right. I'd thought the "there" in this sentence

Quote:
his foster parents stays in the us and sent him to live there

referred to the U.S. With the title, I think you're right that "there" is Africa.
0 Replies