Incest could become legal in Switzerland

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2010 08:43 am
Incest could be soon legalized in Switzerland.

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/switzerland-considers-making-incest-legal-report/724695/

While I'm all for freedom for sex with whoever you prefer, I think if people started reproducing within families, it would result in fewer variations in the offsprings. And that's not a good thing for the human race.

Morever, someone quoted in the above article said since there had been just two cases of incest in the last fews years, they don't see the point of that law. Is that a plausible reason to cancel out a law?

Discuss.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 6,092 • Replies: 13
No top replies

msolga

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2010 08:49 am
@spidergal,
After "sex by surprise" nothing surprises me.
spidergal

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2010 08:52 am
@msolga,
I'm missing out on something here. What's sex by surprise? I'll google of course.
spidergal

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2010 08:55 am
@spidergal,
Urban Dictionary gives some half-serious definitions, and seems like even Assange was charged with it, but the concept of "sex by surprise" is still not very clear to me.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2010 08:57 am
@spidergal,
It's a Swedish sex law, spider. (One of the charges Julian against Assange.)
But let's not digress from the intended subject of your thread.
Sorry.
spidergal

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2010 08:58 am
@msolga,
Thanks, I'll look further myself.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2010 09:07 am
@spidergal,
Oops, double oops!!
I read "Sweden", when the proposed changes are in Switzerland.
My mistake.
Please disregard my earlier comment. Irrelevant to this subject.
(I seem to have Sweden on the brain at the moment. Sorry again.)

This proposal would decriminalize incest between consenting adults, I gather, from the article you've posted.
I have reservations about children who could be born as the result of such relationships. But (without knowing too many details), I think that sex between consenting adults shouldn't be anyone's business but theirs.
Setanta

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2010 10:38 am
@msolga,
msolga wrote:
. . . I think that sex between consenting adults shouldn't be anyone's business but theirs.

I'd have to go along with this. I find the thought rather repugnant, but it is not for me to judge, and i certainly don't think the state has any business to intervene.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2010 10:53 am
@msolga,
Quote:
I think that sex between consenting adults shouldn't be anyone's business but theirs.
I got not problem with that but inter-marriage is another ball of wax and then there's the issue of mormons to contend with.
0 Replies

cibeis

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2011 02:08 am
@spidergal,
I'm a divorced mother of Asian origin with 4 children living in Switzerland. My youngest was born when I was 40. It's troublesome but I have to discuss it! I have sex with him since he was 17; he is 25 now and is in my bedroom at least 3-4 times a week. He has a girlfriend but tell me that I'm much better. He loves to treat me like a whore and the worst, I like it. Has anybody (guess not) similar experiences? I'm getting older but still look attractive, but how long will it last?
Please
aidan

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2011 02:53 am
@cibeis,
Quote:
Please Has anybody (guess not) similar experiences?

Umm, no.

Quote:
I'm a divorced mother of Asian origin with 4 children living in Switzerland. My youngest was born when I was 40. It's troublesome but I have to discuss it! I have sex with him since he was 17; he is 25 now and is in my bedroom at least 3-4 times a week. He has a girlfriend but tell me that I'm much better. He loves to treat me like a whore and the worst, I like it. Has anybody (guess not) similar experiences? I'm getting older but still look attractive, but how long will it last?

So, you're 65 (you had this kid when you were forty) - he's 25 and you all started this when you were 57 and he was 17?
YIKES!
He sounds like a user - he knows he won't have to marry you - no worry for him in terms of unplanned pregnancies and child support....free rent...yeah, he's just using you...I'd dump him.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2011 03:02 am
@spidergal,
Between all of the blended families where there are scores of familiar connections but no genetic connection, and birth control which makes the prevention of preg easy, incest laws get to be difficult to defend. These laws are also routinely broken and the state never comes out ahead when its laws are not valued by the citizens enough to be followed.

The debate points can be found here
http://debatepedia.idebate.org/en/index.php/Debate:_Legalization_of_adult_incest
0 Replies

Binary175

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2013 03:19 pm
@spidergal,
I hadn't previously heard about this, but the reason you mentioned isn't sufficient legal reason to cancel the legal attempt. I predict, that if this law is passed, many honry family members will soon be moving to Switzerland.
0 Replies

Binary175

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2013 09:28 pm
It's about time. Should have done it long ago.
0 Replies