Chiraq bans Muslim head scarves in State Schools

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 24 Nov, 2006 06:49 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
(On the other hand, Catholic and Evangelical religion [classes, we have that here in Germany] are taught in Muslim grammar school in my native town [it's in the castel we pass from/to the airport, you know that, Steve] by Catholic and Protestant priest, and the majority of teachers - including the headmaster - are Christians. It's the biggest Muslin [boarding] grammar school in Germany. :wink: )
Well I think thats a good example of religious tolerance and understanding. But it reinforces my view that the same standards are not reciprocated towards Chrisitians in Muslim countries.

Bloody hell Pieterson out lbw 78 for 4 to McGrath

Sad
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 24 Nov, 2006 11:52 pm
Steve 41oo wrote:
But it reinforces my view that the same standards are not reciprocated towards Chrisitians in Muslim countries.

Certainly - and they can drink alcohol here, kiss in public ...
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 10:22 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Steve 41oo wrote:
But it reinforces my view that the same standards are not reciprocated towards Chrisitians in Muslim countries.

And I wish they did more public kissing and drinking. I'd have more respect for Islam. :wink:
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 03:02 pm
Steve 41oo wrote:
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Steve 41oo wrote:

And I wish they did more public kissing and drinking. I'd have more respect for Islam. :wink:

So you'd have more respect for a religion thats geared towards premitting sinning?
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 04:49 pm
We don't normally consider drinking in public, or kissing, to be sinning.

Bad manners, maybe. But that does not require a priest, nor attract much censure.

Are we wrong?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 07:08 am
Raul-7 wrote:
Steve 41oo wrote:
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Steve 41oo wrote:

So you'd have more respect for a religion thats geared towards premitting sinning?

I have a hell of a lot more respect for religion that as you call it sinning than one that fosters suicide bombing and murder as it's calling card.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 07:27 am
Raul-7 wrote:
Steve 41oo wrote:
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Steve 41oo wrote:

I think the Muslims ought to lighten up a little. Have a beer, watch the football, steal a kiss. Make a joke...especially about religion. There used to be an Irish stand up comedian called Dave Allen who was brought up a strict Catholic, who used to take the rise out of religion mercilessly. As far as I know the Pope never threatened to kill him or even had him excommunicated (though he probably self-excommunicated Smile) Why are there not Muslim comics doing the same...?

Maybe they are frightened of dying on stage....literally.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 12:20 pm
steve wrote :
"I think the Muslims ought to lighten up a little. Have a beer, watch the football, steal a kiss. Make a joke...especially about religion."

about ten years ago visited casablanca and rabat and a cruisestop .
we noticed many rather large , fancy palaces surrounded by high walls - probably about twenty feet high .
when we asked our guide who lived there , he told us that belonged to saudi princes , merchants ... who would arrive two or three times a year for some serious boozing and partying . when we questioned him on the use of alcohol by muslims , he pointed to the high walls and with a smile on his face said that what goes on behind those walls stays behind those walls .
apparently those muslims knew how to party allright .
hbg
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 12:29 pm
hamburger wrote:
steve wrote :
"I think the Muslims ought to lighten up a little. Have a beer, watch the football, steal a kiss. Make a joke...especially about religion."

about ten years ago visited casablanca and rabat and a cruisestop .
we noticed many rather large , fancy palaces surrounded by high walls - probably about twenty feet high .
when we asked our guide who lived there , he told us that belonged to saudi princes , merchants ... who would arrive two or three times a year for some serious boozing and partying . when we questioned him on the use of alcohol by muslims , he pointed to the high walls and with a smile on his face said that what goes on behind those walls stays behind those walls .
apparently those muslims knew how to party allright .
hbg
So they really are being hypocritical? Or can anyone come to the party?
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 05:11 pm
steve :
i'm reasonably sure that "influential" ( :wink: ) westerners might be invited to some of those parties .
it seems that if you have the money , you are in .
that means that you and i are OUT ! Rolling Eyes
sorry about that !
hbg

btw when we were in tunisia for a day to visit carthage , we had a very knowledgable university professor who was moonlighting .
he told us that things were not very good in tunisia any more :
his father had been able to afford three wifes , but poor chap that he was , he could afford only one ! :wink:
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 05:40 am
hamburger wrote:
his father had been able to afford three wifes , but poor chap that he was , he could afford only one ! :wink:
thats inflation for you, price of women keeps going up..
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 07:01 am
Steve 41oo wrote:
... price of women keeps going up..

A good American woman can NEVER be bought.
0 Replies