After school program increasing to over $300 month!

roger

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2010 05:00 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

Because if I did reach into my wallet, I may not be able to feed my children. We are just making are monthly bills with our pay at this point in time. We do have some money saved for the rainy day - which I intend to use for this increase through the end of the school year.

However, I do consider this close to breaking a contract - prior to the beginning of the school year, we were quoted what the prices would be for the school year for aftercare. Changing the price mid-year is a breach of contract - maybe wouldn't necessarily stand up in court, however, one would think that Christians would stand by their word.

I couldn't agree more. Disregarding any reference to law of contracts, honorable people keep there word.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2010 05:10 pm
@roger,
Linkat wrote:

Because if I did reach into my wallet, I may not be able to feed my children. We are just making are monthly bills with our pay at this point in time. We do have some money saved for the rainy day - which I intend to use for this increase through the end of the school year.

However, I do consider this close to breaking a contract - prior to the beginning of the school year, we were quoted what the prices would be for the school year for aftercare. Changing the price mid-year is a breach of contract - maybe wouldn't necessarily stand up in court, however, one would think that Christians would stand by their word.

roger wrote:
I couldn't agree more. Disregarding any reference to law of contracts, honorable people keep there word.
YES; that 's right. To do otherwise, is liberal.

David
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2010 05:24 pm
@JPB,
That's awesome - thanks!
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2010 05:49 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
and I was reasonably well-armed.

I remember once being alone and hearing something in the downstair part of the home that did raised my concerns and looking into the matter with a 45 pounds strung bow with a dear hunting razor blades tip arrow.

But I was in my early teens not eight if memory serve me correctly.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2010 09:40 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
and I was reasonably well-armed.

I remember once being alone and hearing something in the downstair part of the home that did raised my concerns and looking into the matter with a 45 pounds strung bow with a dear hunting razor blades tip arrow.

But I was in my early teens not eight if memory serve me correctly.
I was not sure that I coud convince a burglar
to WAIT that long.

Bows can be good. I had a bow, but it was only single shot.

David
BillRM

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2010 10:15 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:

Have you ever seen an arrow head design to bleed out a deer in short order?

I would prefer to get hit by almost anything else but a 12 gauge shotgun blast.

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2010 10:48 pm
@BillRM,
David wrote:

BillRM wrote:
Have you ever seen an arrow head design
to bleed out a deer in short order?
Yes, thay can work great, IF u hit him right and if u have only one predator.

If not, my little .38 Smith & Wesson Model 36 Revolver
had 4 more back-up shots,
before I 'd need to reload. I was slower with my bow.

BillRM wrote:
I would prefer to get hit by almost anything else but a 12 gauge shotgun blast.
Understood. I know the functional merit of shotguns,
but temperamentally, I 've never been much of a shotgun person.

I think the H & K MP5 SMG is pretty sweet; very little recoil.

David
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2010 11:42 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
I have no idea; I believe one should always go by the letter of the law.

Your question is inappropriate for someone like myself.

LOL So when you purchase an item on the internet do you report it to your state and pay the sale tax due on it?

Just because federal law does not allow states to mandate that the online merchants collect or even hand over the sale information to them does not mean that you do not legally owe such taxes to your state.

So unless you are the one in ten millions that does pay your state sale taxes on such items give me a break.

Letter of the law indeed.

There is nothing incorrect about correcting my statements, if one believes a statement's facts are incorrect. However, making it personal, by dragging my "character" into the analysis is called "character assassination," or as more commonly known, "libel."

So, claiming one's "moral" right to comment is not correct. One may have an "ethical" right to comment ("morality" is something else), disregarding any possibility that a comment might be offensive. But, getting personal about another's character should be for close friends, I believe, since few people like having their "character judged" (incorrectly) by a veritable stranger. That is not "thin skin." That is not liking "intrusiveness" by veritable strangers. A very standard reaction of people.

If this is an "open forum" then we should, I believe, make allowances for all the diverse folks on the forum. I try so hard to ignore the poor grammer, bad spelling, lousy punctuation I do find on the forum. And, the incorrectly used words, and the less than correct analysis. Come to think of it, there are only a few posters that really make their posts worth reading in all its aspects. I do wonder why they grace this forum?
Foofie

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2010 12:19 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

Come to think of it, there are only a few posters that really make their posts worth reading in all its aspects. I do wonder why they grace this forum?

Correction of above: Come to think of it, IN MY OPINION, there are only a few posters that really make their posts worth reading in all its aspects. I do wonder why they grace this forum?
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2010 01:32 pm
@Linkat,
Any chance there are one or two out-of-work parents in the group that could (for a fee) rotate transportation duties to pick up and drive kids home from the school? Maybe some are even willing to open their homes to the after-school care needs of some kids.
Linkat

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2010 03:21 pm
@Butrflynet,
Actually at the party, one of the moms offered to take my girls two days a week. There probably is some as there are many very nice and thoughtful parents at the school - I do not want to take advantage of their kindness. So far - my husband plans for the rest of the school year to work from home on Fridays. Then if my dad is feeling well - we may see if he can pick them up and spend the afternoon at my parents' house. This could work out well as they do not get to see their grandparents so often.

The other days, one or the other has practice and/or games so it would be too difficult to be able to pick them up much further from school and get them to practice on time.
0 Replies