Need help on a quote.

atvlady

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 07:06 pm
I saw a quote on someones Facebook page the other week. Unfortunatley I had my computer to do scheduled clean ups (which now I have turned off). The quote was in a parenphesis and was a paragraph. I can vaguely remember some of the words though. It went something like "I am me." It had talk of being yourself and friends. I want to say at the end of it I saw the name Mark Twain but after doing tons of reserach I can't find anything out. I would say the quote is about 4,500 words. Can someone help me? Daniel Boone? I'm just not sure Sad Sorry!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 705 • Replies: 1
No top replies

engineer

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 08:13 pm
@atvlady,
How about

Virginia Satir (American Phychologist and Educator, 1916-1988) wrote:
“I am Me. In all the world, there is no one else exactly like me. Everything that comes out of me is authentically mine, because I alone chose it -- I own everything about me: my body, my feelings, my mouth, my voice, all my actions, whether they be to others or myself. I own my fantasies, my dreams, my hopes, my fears. I own my triumphs and successes, all my failures and mistakes. Because I own all of me, I can become intimately acquainted with me. By so doing, I can love me and be friendly with all my parts. I know there are aspects about myself that puzzle me, and other aspects that I do not know -- but as long as I am friendly and loving to myself, I can courageously and hopefully look for solutions to the puzzles and ways to find out more about me. However I look and sound, whatever I say and do, and whatever I think and feel at a given moment in time is authentically me. If later some parts of how I looked, sounded, thought, and felt turn out to be unfitting, I can discard that which is unfitting, keep the rest, and invent something new for that which I discarded. I can see, hear, feel, think, say, and do. I have the tools to survive, to be close to others, to be productive, and to make sense and order out of the world of people and things outside of me. I own me, and therefore, I can engineer me. I am me, and I am Okay.”

0 Replies