Missing Your Avatar? Please Read!

littlek

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 09:59 pm
I was just playing.... cruising through the site, I remembered that SP had a drawing of a seal there. I happened across yours too.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 10:00 pm
Oh, it will be resized automatically?! That's new. That's cool! (I went through way too much to get Rosie the right size.)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 10:03 pm
This has a certain "whaddya want from me"/ "There was a young man from Nantucket" vibe...

http://www.nmfs.noaa.gov/ole/images/seal.jpg

Ah, gotcha li'l k. Yup, that's me. The Swatch stands out rather startlingly at that size.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 10:08 pm
I took it down, figured, after fishin's comments, that it'll slow up the site....
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 10:09 pm
Sozobe- What a face. I LOVE it!
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 10:14 pm
littlek wrote:
I took it down, figured, after fishin's comments, that it'll slow up the site....

lol As long as it's not distorting the site screens a few larger pics here and there shouldn't hurt anything.

You have it hosted on your own MSN site too so you could take the image and "squish" it and repost it on your own page as a 2nd image and then link it again. It is good to be the host! You have all the control! muwwaaahhhh... Very Happy
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 10:15 pm
I could do that, yes. But, so could any memeber. If you or anyone else invovled with that site wanted to post and resize a photo they could. They just can't change the pix they didn't post originally.
0 Replies

JerryR

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 10:17 pm
sozobe wrote:
Mikey, tell me which pic you want and I'll give you the url for it. Then all you do is cut and paste the url into the "link to offsite avatar" box on your profile page. Really not complicated, even if it sounds that way. Smile

I'm pretty sure that you can "right-click" on the images posted in this thread,..select properties,..then copy the Address (url) from there and paste it to your profile.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 10:19 pm
Very true, Jerry, and in fact I wrote that first but it looked too confusing... you say it nice and succinctly.
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 10:22 pm
Did you ever notice how hard it is to explain all the mouse clicks and such you do without thinking to someone else?
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 10:30 pm
the idjet is lost once again,,,,i can't get my avatar back. i liked the last one you posted soz, the one on the bottom. i been tryin here to no avail.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 10:40 pm
JerryR helped me I got mine back.
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 10:43 pm
Hip, hip hooray for Joanne and JerryR!!!!!!

(I find it so much easier to identify folks by their avatars)
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 10:45 pm
Isn't that the truth, when the went away it was such a shock.
0 Replies

JerryR

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 10:48 pm
mikey,
Try this, highlight and copy the address under the picture of your avatar that i posted on page 2 of this thread.

Then go to your profile,.in the very bottom of the page where the avatar input is,..make sure that there is no "broken image" in the space where your last avatar was,..if there is, check off the delete image box,..then hit submit.

Then go back to the profile and paste the address you copied into the "Link to off-site Avatar" box,..hit submit again and that oughtta do it.

Hope it works!!
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 10:49 pm
i'll try that Jerry, thanks
0 Replies

JerryR

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 10:50 pm
If you want,..here's the url for the toucan that Sozobe posted:

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:dTqHkS1g_NcC:www.atmos.ucla.edu/~bosart
0 Replies

JerryR

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 10:54 pm
YAY mikey!!!
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 10:59 pm
Me thinks we did it...YEEEAHHHHHHH!!!

Thanks all.
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 11:02 pm
i have no idea how i pulled that one off tho to be honest here.
0 Replies