A fluke or a scam?

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 10:46 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
Occasionally Amazon has shipped me the same order twice - three times now in the last two years. Every time they told me just to keep it

Right now I am in a "situation" with Amazon. I ordered a portable drill on 11/26.
Using "super saver shipping". I was supposed to get it on Dec 2. I discovered that UPS had never received the package.

Anyhow, leaving out the gory details, Amazon reshipped the super saver order, and is sending me another one by one day shipping. If I get both of them, and they tell me to keep it, I'll send one to my son.
Irishk

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 10:58 am
@Phoenix32890,
It's been a while since I've had to call them (so it may have changed), but I remember the first time I was shocked speechless when an actual person answered the phone. The CS lady laughed Smile
Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 11:08 am
@Irishk,
No, it hasn't. I spoke to two REAL HUMAN BEINGS from Amazon yesterday. In addition, they answered almost immediately. It was a pleasure.

Are you aware of the site, www.gethuman.com? It tells you the names of different companies, and how to get past the robots. Doesn't always work, but works well enough.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 11:11 am
@Phoenix32890,
Good link, Phoenix.

Yeah, Amazon used to have crappy customer service - and they turned that around big time. Turns out that this is a major factor in whether people are repeat shoppers, gee, who would have thought?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 11:25 am
@Phoenix32890,
Thanks. Love the name! Laughing
0 Replies