World War III

Eorl

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2010 03:31 pm
It seems to me that the next world war will be about population pressure, but will divide along religious lines. Perhaps the war has already begun and will escalate. Perhaps it's one hundred years away. Thoughts?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 921 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2010 03:41 pm
If war breaks out to an extraordinary extent in the near future, it will probably be driven by the scarcity of resources--potable water and arable land. I have no reason to think that religion will be an issue--hungry people lose interest quickly in religion and politics. I doubt that it would be a world war. I also suspect that a century from now, the problems driving the food and water crisis will have been solved--if by no more desirable a means then simply by die off, or kill off.

Predicting the future is a pretty chancy business. I know of noone who was consistently successful in doing so. Every claimant i've ever heard of (such as Nostradamus) required an extreme mental gymnastics to make it appear to be true.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2010 03:50 pm
@Eorl,
Eorl wrote:

It seems to me that the next world war will be about population pressure, but will divide along religious lines. Perhaps the war has already begun and will escalate. Perhaps it's one hundred years away. Thoughts?
Yes... It has been going on at a low level since the last big war ended...
0 Replies