Made up poem needed. Need by 7:30 A.M. Nov. 29th.

Reply Sun 28 Nov, 2010 06:31 pm
I need a poem for school at 7:30 A.M. Nov. 29th. The poem has to be made up, there has to be no chance that my teacher might recognize it. No cheating! I'll get in tons of trouble if so.

ossobuco

Reply Sun 28 Nov, 2010 06:32 pm
@lillyrox,
Time for you to catch on to writing poetry.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 28 Nov, 2010 06:35 pm
@lillyrox,
Wouldn't this be considered cheating???
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 28 Nov, 2010 06:42 pm
@lillyrox,
Why not wait til the last minute?

Asking here IS cheating!'

Isn't the purpose of your assignment supposed to be for YOU make up a poem or is to ask someone on the Internet to make one up for you?
0 Replies

lillyrox

Reply Sun 28 Nov, 2010 06:46 pm
This is serious. I wasn't going to cheat. I had a full poem and I lost it, not my fault. And that poem was mine, made from scratch. Also, I forgot to mention, it has to be about a star or something else that sparkles. I have a poem started, here it is.

A sparkling star, from here a long way,
Wishes to see, the light of the day.
Far away, by Neso he does stand,
The number 13 he does not command.
Oh why is it always me he must choose,
Why always in battles should I lose?
Letty

Reply Sun 28 Nov, 2010 07:05 pm
@lillyrox,
you have couplets there.

You meter is a bit off.
Try this:
Far away by Neso he stands

Now end it with two more couplets. You don't need the commas.
lillyrox

Reply Sun 28 Nov, 2010 07:15 pm
@Letty,
You're right but command doesn't rhyme with stands. If I change that, I have to change the line after that also. By the way, I think you're pretty good with poems.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 28 Nov, 2010 07:30 pm
Twinkle, twinkle, little bat!
How I wonder what you're at!
Up above the world you fly,
Like a tea tray in the sky.
Twinkle, twinkle, little bat!
How I wonder what you're at!

here you go, just pray your teacher never read Alice's Adventures In Wonderland
lillyrox

Reply Sun 28 Nov, 2010 07:41 pm
@djjd62,
That's exactly why I said no cheating. You can finsh my poem though. If you read all the posts, you should know it.
roger

Reply Sun 28 Nov, 2010 07:47 pm
@lillyrox,
I'm on it. With twelve hours to go shouldn't be a problem. You just take it easy, and check back in the morning.

PS: you better not be on Eastern or Central time, or I might not be there for you.
lillyrox

Reply Sun 28 Nov, 2010 08:04 pm
@roger,
I live in New York. That's Eastern, right?
roger

Reply Sun 28 Nov, 2010 09:00 pm
@lillyrox,
Yes, that's Eastern. Now, I've forgotten which way it goes. That might give me two extra hours, or maybe two hours less. This could be bad news. You might have to go it alone.
lillyrox

Reply Sun 28 Nov, 2010 10:24 pm
@roger,
2 extra or 2 less, it shouldn't make a difference. I really need this. Also, I could extend the deadline to 8:15. The earlier the better, but that's another 45 minutes. By the way, you don't have to, but I think the poem should end that the star accepts the fact that he'll never "see the light of the day". It just makes sense, you know what I mean?
Rockhead

Reply Sun 28 Nov, 2010 10:41 pm
@lillyrox,
here's the sad truth...

the only way you can be sure that the poem you get is an original one, is to write it yourself.

otherwise some joker here is liable to get your ass burned.

you better get to parsing some rhymes, jack...

good luck.
roger

Reply Sun 28 Nov, 2010 10:47 pm
@Rockhead,
Yeah, I wanted to help, but the pressure is really getting to me. And I forgot about sleeping.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2010 01:55 am
@lillyrox,
lillyrox wrote:

I need a poem for school at 7:30 A.M. Nov. 29th. The poem has to be made up, there has to be no chance that my teacher might recognize it. No cheating! I'll get in tons of trouble if so.

I will not do it, but feel free to steal from me anything I have written here since they are freely given... Here is how you do it... First. No Rhymes... Thank you. Try to capture a single idea with each line... Do not fear to show yourself to yourself and to the world with what you write, for writing is the poor person's psychoanalyst, and how we reveal and reflect... Then; take either the nicest, or the sexiest girl in your class, and better for you if she is both... And litter the floor with her clothes they way all the boys do when she walks by...And don't think about what you would do with her if there were no law and she were within your power, but what you could take from her with out charge, the sense of her, the ideal, the art, the music, the symetry, the scent, the passion the pleasure, the joy she feels that we all at times feel because it is a part of life... Isn't she something??? Isn't she like something other to you, like a mountain to a mountain climber... Does she not mean something to you other than what she so obviously is: An object of desire??? If she were a wild horse, how would you ride her... If she were a great fish, how would you land her??? If she were a mad dog or a ravenous lioness, how would you save yourself and would you??? We can never comprehend beauty except when it is brought to life, and it can only be brought to life in the form of a lover; and no child can approach love, or write poetry, really; so do as all lovers do, and admit in advance your failure... No artist ever captures the beauty he attempts to suggest... Words can suggest much and say little, so forget telling the truth, or doing justice to her beauty... What you are doing is throwing a light cloth over an invisible form, and though you cannot say exactly what it is -given every word in the language, you must still try to give a sense of it...

Insert boy for girl above if you are a girl...
dadpad

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2010 05:16 am
My dog ate the poem i wrote for you. Also my little sister chewed it up before that.

lillyrox

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2010 06:47 am
@dadpad,
Did that really happen?
0 Replies

lillyrox

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2010 06:54 am
@Fido,
This is for school. If I write something like that, I'll be expelled. Also that would be too hard, because I've never done something like that before. Sorry.
Fido

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2010 08:15 am
@lillyrox,
lillyrox wrote:

This is for school. If I write something like that, I'll be expelled. Also that would be too hard, because I've never done something like that before. Sorry.
Then make it from the heart if you got one... A poem is an interlude between life and life... There must be something remembered, and something looked forward to in every poem... A poem without a future is an epitath..

No matter how far away you look, poetry and art is about you, ultimately about us... How do you feel right now in your life... If you are like most you face your future with sheer terror punctuated by denial... For some, it never gets better than that... Will it get better for you???... Will you learn to dance and sing, express your joy, hear the music and deny the noise its power over you???

Will you have the courage to express yourself... Will you have a self distinct enough to express??? The world admires youth, and wants to be young because they forget how terrible it is... What if; God forbid, you have nothing to say and want to be left alone to not say it??? Would it be a crime to turn in a page with a simple line, that a well lived life is poetry..

If you cannot write a poem, and are too honorable to rob one by imitation; then read some... Pick up five books from five well known poets, and find one poem you like from each and say why... Why do I like this poem... Why does it talk to me, make me fell better, feel different??? If you do not like the world, you will change it to suit you... Do the same, meaning have the courage to do the same with your assignment... Not every person is a poet... Not every person is a philosopher, or a lover... Few enough do all that is required of a human being, and yet they still fill their place to some extent... You must do the same...

Just give up rhimes... They do not make a poem... The original meaning of them is of a curse, and you see this in magic spells... Do not curse your work with rhimes... Say what is in your heart...
0 Replies