WikiLeaks about to hit the fan

High Seas

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 09:40 am
@wandeljw,
wandeljw wrote:

...Until then, it is unfair to criticize Assange's accuser...

True, but the Swedish prosecutors are free game for cartoonists and comedians everywhere:
http://img.allvoices.com/thumbs/event/609/480/68369096-sex-charges.jpg
JPB

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 09:43 am
@High Seas,
High Seas wrote:

One of the panel briefers claims to be an expert on Augustinean and Manichaean Science. Anybody knows what that is?!
3rd and 4th century Christian scholarship.
DrewDad

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 09:47 am
@Setanta,
I think he was more trying (and, as usual, failing) to be funny.
CalamityJane

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 09:49 am
@failures art,
It's not a rape charge, failure art, haven't you read the entire charges against
Assange? If you are (due to your employer) not allowed to read the Guardian or any other news concerning the charges, how can you allege here that these
two women were raped?

As Setanta said, on of the two women dropped her charges "of not using a condom during sex" several months ago. In fact she's been out of the country (Sweden) for quite a while and had no idea that Sweden would issue a red alert
through Interpol.

The other woman brought up the same claim "not using condoms" - after they found out that Assange slept with both of them, meaning neither was exclusive, as they probably would have hoped.

Furthermore, after both women notified the police, Assange was questioned
and remained in Sweden for an additional 4 weeks until the prosecutor allowed him to leave the country as the charges brought up by both women were not clear.

This you can read about 10 pages back from a British source, huffingtonpost,
and crickey, an Australian source.
High Seas

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 09:49 am
@JPB,
Thanks, JPB, but the question refers to this expert's potential contribution to the DoD's cybersecurity effort I linked - how are the subjects connected?
Setanta

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 09:55 am
@DrewDad,
Well, i did consider that--but my experience of him which lead me to stop reading his posts is that if he is taken seriously, he will run with it. In other threads, most notably the evolution threads, he chronically lies, and lies about silly things which can so easily be checked, such as what other members have said. The problem is not so much that he lies--those familiar with him already know that--but that there are many people who don't know him may well be deluded by his BS.

I have been constantly been appalled by the number of people who want to claim that he is highly intelligent. He spews so much bullshit, and what i personally do not know enough about to challenge is such pointless arcana (what Bob Dylan says, or Norman Mailer, or some other writerly gobshit), that i just can't accept that there is enough evidence here to consider him highly intelligent. If he were so damned intelligent, why would he post something as stupid as that his information comes from Wikipedia, when an elementary school student knows enough to check it out and give the lie to him?

And you're right, his sense of humor is so atrophied that i've never known him to come up with anything genuinely humorous.

However, as i only read the post by mistake, and don't ever intentionally read his drivel, this won't be a problem for me.
CalamityJane

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 09:56 am
@High Seas,
That's a great cartoon! Very Happy
High Seas

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 09:59 am
@CalamityJane,
Anna Ardin (aka Bernardin) isn't in Palestinian territory as previously reported. Twitter still carries her message claiming she's a CIA agent though.
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 10:00 am
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:

That's a great cartoon! Very Happy

It is - but it occurred to me after I posted it that these aren't necessarily only Swedish prosecutors, they may be ours as well Smile
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 10:20 am
@Setanta,
Quote:

I have been constantly been appalled by the number of people who want to claim that he is highly intelligent.

Yeah, this is actually one of my tests to see if someone else here on A2K is intelligent.

He's only here to take a piss at everyone. That's the only goal. I think that he's as much of a Troll as anyone we've ever seen; he just trolls with a funny accent and so fools think he's witty.

Cycloptichorn
Setanta

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 10:24 am
Word
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 10:58 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Under the current circumstances, I fail to see how Australia enters the picture.

Is there any reason to believe the Brits will deport Assange back to Australia?

The primary reasons I put this in the mix is:
a) He is a primary Australian citizen, even though he likes to present himself as a citizen of the world.

b) These are delaying tactics to keep him in "custody" for more time. I consider "in custody" to also - being out on bail.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 11:24 am
@BillW,
Quote:
I consider "in custody" to also - being out on bail.
He is certainly still with-in the direct supervision and control of the state's legal apparatus.."Free on bail" is not particularly free.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 11:53 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Yeah, this is actually one of my tests to see if someone else here on A2K is intelligent.

i'm stupid enough to pay him no mind (can't spare it you see)
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 12:03 pm
@High Seas,
Quote:
True, but the Swedish prosecutors are free game for cartoonists and comedians everywhere:

But the prosecutors in this case were a series of three females. Why doesn't the cartoonist show female figures?

Mr Assange made a fine speech on his release. That we should not forget all the others in worse conditions that he was in.
BillW

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 12:06 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
It is totally ironic that the same secrecy is claims against persons and agencies of state, he wants for himself. Hypocrisy is rampant........
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 12:08 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Your response ignores that this woman dropped the charges before the international bruhaha over Assange began.

I did address this. That's why I said it's already hard enough without this kind of thing. A person need not be brought into the public sphere to feel intimidated.

A
R
T
Setanta

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 12:09 pm
@failures art,
In what do you allege that she had been intimidated? You're not making sense, from where i sit.
failures art

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 12:11 pm
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:
It's not a rape charge, failure art, haven't you read the entire charges against Assange?

failures art wrote:
I'm pretty sure it's hell being a woman in a rape case or in any case involving sexual conduct.

For the record, I can and do read news stories on this. I'm not prohibited from reading about WL or it's content. I'm only practicing proper channels RE: The original material on the actual site. NYT, Gaurdian, etc is all fine to read.

A
R
T
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 12:12 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

In what do you allege that she had been intimidated? You're not making sense, from where i sit.

I'm saying that these things are inherently intimating. You disagree?

A
R
T
0 Replies