Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 07:14 pm
Natalie just told me that the national news media are reporting tha Saddam has just been captured. Apparently, he was hiding in a hole just across the river from his Grand Palace. I saw a picture of him. He looks decidedly worse for wear, and has a scraggly beard more grey than black. Natalie tells me that US forces intend turning Saddam over to Iraqi authorities. What a wonderful Christmas present. Perhaps, the loyalists will finally begin to get the message that further resistence is futile.

We hope that in the new year Allied efforts to rebuild and create a stable government that protects all of the Iraqi people will get into high gear. Hoorah, for our boys (and girls) on the ground.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 791 • Replies: 1
No top replies

JamesMorrison

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 08:10 pm
Yep. Our guys said they would get him given time. I'm guessing but there was probably less physical persausion applied then what the fugitive would have doled out given the same situation.

This probably means greater quality and quantity of intelligence gathering now. Seems we need to find the evil red head who probably was more hands on when it came to regime management. This might lead to WMD and insurgency admin truths.

This can only help to convince the Iraqi people to realize Saddam's not coming back and to start working with the coalition. The sooner America gets the job done the sooner we are just a fond memory to them and our guys come home.

JM
0 Replies