Problems with PC running slow

artdba

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 09:45 pm
Hi folks, I'm having problems with my PC running very slow. I was phoned out of the blue a few days ago by an overseas firm trying to persuade me to purchase their software - something I'm not in a position to do - they were able to quite rightly point out that my PC was running very slow because of hundreds of corrupt files. Running a programme called "eventvwr" produced a list of these files. Any help you could provide would be appreciated. Cheers :-)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 770 • Replies: 5
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 10:27 pm
Go to Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, System Cleanup. Use it regularly.
artdba

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2010 04:22 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Hi, I don't appear to have a System Cleanup option available. In the System Tools submenu, the closest I could find was a Disk Cleanup option, which freed up a bit of disk space, but didn't solve the problem. Is there another possibility you could suggest ?
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2010 04:31 pm
@artdba,
There are plenty of freeware out there, but I'm not one to make any recommendation. Try cnet.com; then type "free software, disk cleanup."
0 Replies

HexHammer

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 01:38 am
@artdba,
1) get AVG free ware, install, set to scan for everything. (you can uninstall it after you have made a virus scan)

2) you probaly have loads of tracking cookies and dataminers, disable cookies and only allow cookies for chat fora, know that Face Book has very serious cookies you should avoid (ATDMT)
Whipe them in step 1

3) click START, Run ..msconfig, Start (disable all 3rd party things you don't need)
0 Replies

johnkendal28

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 04:18 am
@artdba,
Hi
I read your post and i can give you a simple way to come out of this problem.You can used a registry cleaner software,it can clean all the unwanted key which are genrated in your PC registry. I know a software which is so easy to use.It is PC Optimizer Pro use can use this and tell me this software can slove your problem or not.
0 Replies