A funny thing happened tonight.

Ceili

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 06:24 am
It's been forever since I've gone out. But tonight was girls night out. I hadn't met some of the girls before but I was in the mood for a laugh.
We all met a country bar. I'm not really into honky tonk tunes, but the place wasn't my choice.
Now, the Rattlesnake is typical city country bar. The kind of nightclub that caters to the red neck crowd. The place with Bud Girls plastered to the walls, weekend cowboys in tight wranglers, over done shirts, boots and hats that have never seen a barn and the biggest belt buckles or testicle tombstones.
By the time I arrived the reserved tables were surrounded with sad looking men. I never did any names. Soon after we arrived a man asked me to dance. I've never really been good a the two-step but around here it's pretty much de rigueur.
He was australian and he told me he loved western dancing.
I commented, "I had no idea people danced the two step in Oz."
He said, "No, Ive lived here for ten years".
Then the band started up.
Two awkward steps and a couple of slides later, he began to direct my dancing. Lift my arm up, grab his shoulder tighter, stop bouncing my arm, step step slide, I have a bad disk, keep that arm up, you're putting pressure on my disk, and if I have to keep dancing all night, step step slide, tighter auuuuugggghhh.
I couldn't concentrate. I kept losing my beat, the count. Dancing is supposed to be about joy, not a tortured merry-go-round with a dictator in shitkickers. He kept barking out orders and I kept missing my step.
Finally I stopped and told him, "look I normally can keep the beat really well, I sing"
"Yeah, everybody's a singer" he sneered.
As I watched him walk off the dance floor, "No really, I have rhythm" and I laughed.
"Everybody's a singer, indeed!"

Ever have one of those moments. The occasions when your left standing, laughing at the absurdity of it all. Wondering if you're out of step or if everyone around you is from another planet.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 707 • Replies: 5
No top replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 06:35 am
I'm thinking that before he turned away from you, you should have tombstoned his... :wink:
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 01:56 pm
LOL, what a dope that guy was. I can see why you were laughing.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 03:26 pm
Ceili, That's a good story about trying to dance with a bore. I can't dance either, but most ladies have been accommodating. Two left feet all my life.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 03:55 pm
I am outraged by this story! The fact that some boorish Australian caused my little Ceili discomfort has got my blood boiling!

You tell me where that ol' boy lives, Ceili.

I'll take care of the rest.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 05:14 pm
I bet he was really from Fort Worth.
0 Replies