How are job outlook in science sector?

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2010 04:03 pm
When I become an adult, I want to be a scientist studying quantum computers. In general, when being a scientist for a company or a researcher of a university, how is the job outlook? is it hard to find a job? How competitive is it? Is it hard to get there (spending on education, etc.)? Also, what would be the career pathway?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,501 • Replies: 2
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2010 04:26 pm
You're asking the wrong question; you seem to enjoy science, and that should be your primary motivation to continue on with your studies. Science will always be a good career field - with jobs. You can even look into specializations into certain areas of science, and narrow your area of learned expertise. Whether you end up with some company, government, or educational institution, you will enjoy the rewards of seeking new knowledge that may be applied to either government, commerce, or education. Our country is falling behind in math and science skills that is much needed to remain competitive in this world marketplace.

I say, go for it~!
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2010 06:32 pm
@cheerios,
In the world of High-Tech I recommend being flexible with your goals. When I was in college studying computer science, the Internet as we know it today didn't exist. By the time I was at my prime money making potential very little of what I had learned in school was relevant to what I was actually doing. Learn the fundamentals of technology and learn them deeply, but be prepared to adapt quickly to whatever is most relevant at any given time. Quantum Computing sounds good right now, but Holographic Computing might be the technology that wins out in the end.
0 Replies