ANY BEADERS ON A2k?

Sglass

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2010 08:05 pm
Poverty has driven me to start making jewlery and selling it at a local flea type market and some is on consignment.

I am looking for a source of dyed howlite or magnisite which is a substitute for torquoise. Anyone know of a web site or store name.

Thanks,

Seaglass
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,585 • Replies: 6
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2010 08:09 pm
@Sglass,
I like Artbeads.com.

Howlite:

http://search.artbeads.com/?lcr=1&view=&q=howlite&x=0&y=0
Sglass

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2010 08:47 pm
@sozobe,
Neat site. I did find torquoise dyed howlite, but would also like to find it in screaming yellow, orange, red and green. I was in Honolulu a couple of weeks ago and found some great howlite necklaces made with those colors. Really a good look.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2010 11:18 pm
@Sglass,
There are several jewelry-making product manufacturers here in New Mexico. Last year I sent a resume to this one in answer to a job ad.

http://www.riogrande.com/

Doesn't look like they have what you are specifically looking for, but you may find other stuff of interest.
Sglass

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2010 08:33 am
@Butrflynet,
Thank you Butrflynet. Rio Grande is a good site, but no howlite. I think that I have found a place in Penn. I found necklaces at the International Market in Wikiki and they are outrageously bright, but folks go bonkers when they see them and want one.

What kind of job did you apply for?

Sea
Butrflynet

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2010 12:49 pm
@Sglass,
They had an ad for an accounting person.
Sglass

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2010 03:57 pm
@Butrflynet,
i finally googled dyed howlite and came up with some sites, but still not quite what i am looking for.
0 Replies