AQC 75 Rainsoft stopped working, only used 3 years

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2010 09:44 am
I have a Rainsoft system, AQC75 CV with a silver series RFC 150 H in front.

My raw water is very high iron, measures 5.5 ppm according to the well guy that came out, but does not measure as very hard in terms of calcium/magnesium. We have been considering trying to drill a new well.

When we moved in, the house had been empty for almost two years. The system was installed in september 2005 when the house was built.

We got the water heaters cleaned out with help from folks here, and the system has been working at least to some degree since we moved in last May. A great deal of staining still occurs in sinks and toilets due to iron and manganese. We have been using about 250 pounds of salt a month, and we are a small family of three.

This week, the brine tank stopped using the brine solution during a regen, resulting in the tank being full of brine water to the float cutoff line in the tank.

I would really like to fix this first if at all possible. Secondly, the water is still pretty bad, and we use a ton of toilet cleaning stuff. A couple of neighbors have some other sort of system with a pump, some sort of air pump I think, and a place to add bleach. They don't seem to know much about it, but it works, and they don't seem to even know where to call if anything serious happens, which since they have all been using these for about 10 years, must mean they work better than what I have.

So, does anyone know how I can fix this, and also if there is something else I should just replace this with that would work better on the iron.

Thanks,
Bill Harris
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,042 • Replies: 0
No top replies