Able2knower Dreams

littlek

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2004 09:37 am
I've had a couple bizzare dreams lately. I wish I could remember the details....
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2004 10:16 am
I can't recall; I don't think I was thinking of China or any cities in particular before I had the dream.

The flying banner - which I can still picture - was, I dunno, it was lights that were moving, kind of yellowish and green and purple lights (some blue, too) all moving along the banner, which kind of folded and snapped in the wind before flying off elsewhere. It was just really unique; I don't think I've dreamt of anything like that before. It was more of an observational dream than one in which there was a lot of action. I was traveling but really just sitting.

The French restaurant and the odd Christmas card. Man, the subconscious is an amazing thing, eh?
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2004 01:43 pm
Can you remember any of these doozies, Wilso? Can you remember anything about them apart from the feeling that they were strange, littlek? I'd be interested to hear.

I know those kind of dreams, jespah, though I tend to observe even in 'acting' dreams, and remember most aspects of a dream if I wake up at the right time and write... I can imagine the sign right now. Sometimes, the subconcious just throws the maddest things into a dream...

Last night, I just dreamt about a field with gates around it and a newspaper shop in it, and about sitting there whilst others were plotting to steal papers.

0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 10:19 am
Wacky. That's interesting, d-e-r, do you recall any motivations? Did you feel anything while sitting there, e. g. that you needed to stop the theft, or felt guilty about it, or approved, or just was blasé?

Last night's show involved a summer camp reunion or at any rate I was trying to get to one.

I had to pay something, and fill out some sort of form, and it required a serious commitment that I didn't really want to make; I just wanted to see my old friends. So filled out the form as well as I could and wrote a check that I knew would bounce.

Then whoever was taking the checks and applications (no one I could recognize) told us (myself and other people who wanted to experience the reunion) that we would get into really big trouble if we had falsified the form. So I worked to get the form back, because my check was no good. I finally got the form and check back and was told that I had blown it and would never be able to go to a camp reunion ever again.

I went to another room and I was depressed. There I met Nancy ___, who I really did go to summer camp with (in 1975!). She was sympathetic and asked for my address, but somehow I knew she truly just wanted my brother's address. I kept messing up - misspelling my street name (truth is, I live on a street with an odd name, and in the dream I was using my correct and complete address), or my writing was illegible. She kept telling me it was okay and I kept messing up. Finally, I gave her the address and, as I figured, she asked me for my brother's, which I could not remember.

And I woke up.

A few points - I've been back in touch with a few old friends, two of whom I went to High School with, one of whom I went to college with. This year will be my 25th year since High School graduation, and I am seriously considering going, and am hoping to see either or both of these 2 friends from High School. Plus, Classmates was on last night. I did not watch it or even click on it briefly, but I did notice it in the listings, and I remember it briefly crossing my mind that that might be a way to find people.

The application process could mean nearly anything, but since I apply for jobs all the time, that's probably where that comes from. As for Nancy, I haven't thought of her in many years. And, the dream is accurate in one respect; she was more of a friend with my brother than with me.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 10:51 am
I dreamed I was at a wake. I knew in the dream, but can't recall now who had died. I was very involved with setting out food (there was matzo ball soup!). Someone wanted me to play something on the TV/VCR (the funeral service?) but I was having trouble with that. I knew many of the people there, but from different places. I said something to the widow that I regretted immediately.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 11:27 am
I remember thinking, 'I should stop that,' but I felt as if my dress were stuck to the grass; I had no way of moving. I also remember thinking 'Aw! They stole crappy gutter papers,' or something like that.

That dream's a nice composite of what you've been thinking about, although it's annoying when you're REALLY trying to get somewhere and you can't; I wonder what it could mean. Perhaps your subconscious has doubts as to whether the reunion will go well, whether there will be awkward silences or obstacles in the way... in the dream, the obstacle was money; in real life, the obstacle could be people from the past. Did you like summer camp? We don't really have it over here..

Mac-- it's amazing some of the things that we come out with in a dream. It is annoying when the whole dream revolves around one fact, and one forgets it... have you dreamt of wakes before?

I had the annoying repeat dream- the one about waiting hopelessly for a bus-, but a different version of it. It's funny you should mention a wake, mac, as I dreamt of something related to death too. This time, I decided to walk for myself instead of waiting for the buses (which have taken me to very strange places in the past: Francophone Africa; Paris; some strange suburb in which I was looking at some other people's copy of the times; a bus station where acquaintances- not friends, acquaintances- from the past were; a theatre where they force me to perform... it's usually at night too. There was one time when I dreamt that the bus took me to an old theatre with broken bottles and my old Politics teacher there.) Anyway, I took the bus, it took me the wrong way-- to the middle of some weird school--, I got into town and saw my grandmother and my uncle ______ alive; they were buying lemonade, there was a death somewhere else. They forced me to talk someone into buying the lemonade from them.

0 Replies

mac11

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 11:39 am
I don't think I've specifically dreamed of a wake before, but I know why I did last nite: a close family friend died yesterday in Louisiana, and the funeral will be tomorrow. She wasn't the person who had died in my dream, and none of her family were there, but they are on my mind.

I constantly dream of people I've known from different times and places. A couple of nites ago, I dreamed of a (hateful) former boss from the 80s who was with a friend of mine from college in the 70s. I was thrilled to see one and appalled to see other!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 12:16 pm
Oh, I loved summer camp. And you're probably right, there's something in me thinking that the reunion won't go well. Hmmm.

The bus sounds like a more common element in your subconscious experience. Could it represent the passage of time, or life? It seems to take you to a lot of different places and experiences; quite literally it's the vehicle of your imagination.

mac, it sounds like you were able to do some nurturing (set out the food) but maybe not some more technical or organized things (setting up the tape). Sort of like you were able to take on some responsibilities and not others in the wake.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 12:32 pm
I get that a lot, Mac; I wonder why our minds put so different people together. I'm sorry to hear about such a loss; I hate funerals myself.

I hope that the reunion goes well, jes; but I suspect that it will... after all, it might be the first time that you have met some good friends for years; the diversity of experiences should mean that it will hardly be silent. Is there anyone whom you're particularly looking forward to seeing?

The bus can be very annoying; it hardly ever takes me to someplace nice, is always late, and usually shows up my weaknesses, though it's sometimes interesting.

0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2004 01:15 pm
I had the freakiest dream the other night; I dreamt that someone had invited me to a party. Before this party, I was in a dank and unoccupied pub with another girl, and I remember that we decided to run from the top-left corner of the pub- on the top floor- to the bottom-right corner of the pub- in the basement. There were toilets in both corners, and we just kept running and running, down the stairs and into weird little rooms.

Then I was at what seemed like a New Year's party in a dank white room. No one was partying, but everyone was sitting down; all of these people were acquaintances. Someone was trying to woo me by singing a song about Virginia Woolf, for some reason. There was some celebrity, but I can't remember whom.

0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2004 01:46 pm
I had a great dream last night. I dreamt that I stopped in to visit a long-time client of mine who has recently decided to handle my work in-house (grrrrr!) on the advice of his prima donna art director who feels threatened by me. So, I walk into the conference room, and I find her giving him a blow job. I hurried out of there to find a group of his employees standing out in the hallway, talking about what a jerk he had become lately. I was terribly shocked, of course...

...but I felt SO much better when I woke up!!! Twisted Evil Laughing
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2004 09:44 am
Laughing That's mad, Eva! Imagine if that were happening in real life!

Last night, I can't remember much of the dream. All I can remember is being in disguise and people asking me a load of questions.

0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2004 12:52 pm
Still smilin' about that dream! Good thing is, at least I will be able to keep a smile on my face the next time I see him, no matter what he says.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2004 01:09 pm
Very Happy that's the wonderful thing about dreams like that. Is this guy an important client?

0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 08:57 am
I just had to write about my dream last night. I dreamt that I was in an unspecified place in Italy with my late great-grandmother. There was this tramline that we had to cross, but for some reason, I could only talk to the man in charge in bad Spanish; I said, 'Quiero atravesar ésta cosa' (I want to cross this thing). Then, we had to go to some studio; my great-grandmother said she got a GCSE in Italian but can remember nothing, and I sat reading.

That dream, and the fact that I spoke Spanish in it, instead of Italian, freaked me out a bit.

0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 11:59 am
I know what you mean, drom. I've found myself speaking all sorts of languages in my dreams. I wonder what that means...?
0 Replies

TwistedFerret

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 02:58 pm
I had a kung-fu fight with some seagulls. I was losing, then I went to "kungfucheats.com", pressed enter, entered the cheats, and killed them all with my machinegun-shooting cobra car.

After that I was trapped in the girls locker room for eternity - with NO GIRLS IN IT.

The horror.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2004 11:51 pm
Eva: Maybe it's a love of travel emerging? Or maybe, it's just the sign of a confused subconcious? I don't know.

TF: Laughing That's amazing. *Edges away from seagull-slaying girls' locker room peeping so and so. Wink*

0 Replies

IronLionZion

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 12:08 am
I have never - not once in my twenty years as a heterosexual male - had a sexually explicit dream. I have a had a few where I came close, but no cigar. Am I alone in this?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 05:09 am
Well, I canna speak as a heterosexual male....but, from my experience, yes... heehee..
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Able2knower Dreams
  3. » Page 6
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/21/2024 at 06:10:06