Able2knower Dreams

benevolenthell

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 08:27 pm
Somtimes with my dreams I think of them as real life. I don't realize that they are dreams until I am talking to someone about something and start to talk about the dream like it happened. And then I realize (sometimes after I have said it) that this was a dream. I have told friends that I flew-believing it completely. Usually the dreams this happens with are more normal than that though.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 09:51 pm
Some of the dreams that I hate the most or those of where I'm stepping down steps, or seem to be falling and in actuality I do jump in my sleep so much so that I wake up.

I used to have repetitive dreams. One, I had while a teenager. I was riding a dirt bike and on a cliff and it never failed, no matter how hard I tried to turn the wheel, I'd go over and fall.

It used to bother me...I was raised up riding dirt bikes and couldn't figure out why I dreamt that. Later in life, after many hours spent studying dreams, I found that the situation that I was in as a child and teenager, were much like my dream, out of control and not much I could do about it.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 10:01 pm
Besides, makesmeshiver, there were also yards and yards of visual footage in your brain on being there. M'self, I don't think perceived visuals are lost.
0 Replies

kerver

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2003 10:43 am
Everytime I have falling dreams I get a sharp pain down my spine. Really not a nice feeling, it usually wakes me up.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2003 10:48 am
Thats not good....kerver.

Honestly, on those dreams, Its just about the time I'm falling asleep that it happens..and I will either scare my husband who in return jumps, or wake him up. LOL
0 Replies

fluffhead237

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2003 10:50 am
Does anyone in here dream they can fly?
0 Replies

kerver

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2003 11:09 am
Yeah for a short period of time I dreamt I could fly, it was really kinda cool. I havn't flown in a long time though.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2003 11:14 am
Has anyone ever dreamed that they went to work without pants, and then woke up to discover that they actually are at work without pants?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2003 11:17 am
"Yes" to the first part of your question, "no" to the second part....YET.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2003 11:25 am
Happens to me all the time Eva, but I have a home office. Laughing
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2003 11:40 am
So do I!

But there are three flights of stairs between my closet and my office. If I don't get dressed before I come down to work, I'll be in my pjs all day!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2003 12:02 pm
Flying, not often. Falling, though, yeah, I dream about falling sometimes. Or, makemeshiver, I dream about going up a staircase, and then the steps behind vanish, so I can't get down. No matter how I turn, I can't get down the stairs (sounds a bit like your dirt bike). I think once I sat down on the stairs, I guess kind of protesting the fact that the stairs weren't working for me, but that didn't work either, as the stairs themselves moved higher.

I don't jump much in my sleep. My husband will sometimes. If I jump, it's more often while I'm in the process of falling asleep, rather than while I'm actually asleep. It's not like I have any reason to jerk myself awake, but I do. Weird.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2003 12:09 pm
I used to have the football nitemare for 10+ years until I finally worked not the pain of not playing.
0 Replies

kerver

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2003 12:09 pm
I talk in my sleep alot, it used to scare me, but i've been told that it comes out as babble anyway. Good thing, who knows what could come outta my mouth from dream land.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2003 12:32 pm
Does anyone ever get that strange feeling in which you actually do really feel as if you've fallen off the bed, even though you're not dreaming about falling?

I talk in my sleep quite often too, Kerver; from what people tell me, most of what I say is quite freaky; people allege that I sometimes say that I am Merteuil out of Les Liaisons Dangereuses!!
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2003 12:34 pm
Has anyone ever dreamt that they are dreaming, and then when you 'wake up,' you actually awak up from the dream in the dream, but are still asleep? That's the freakiest thing, apart from dreaming that you're dead.
0 Replies

kerver

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2003 12:48 pm
I hate dreaming about getting into fists fights or something, it's always slow motion.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2003 02:22 pm
drom, I have had dreams about waking up - those are very confusing.
0 Replies

fluffhead237

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2003 03:30 pm
dròm_et_rêve wrote:
Has anyone ever dreamt that they are dreaming, and then when you 'wake up,' you actually awak up from the dream in the dream, but are still asleep? That's the freakiest thing, apart from dreaming that you're dead.

I used to have dreams (if you can call them that) where my eyes would be open and I could look around the room, but the rest of my body would be completely paralyzed. I remember it being really difficult to breathe as well and when I would try and talk, I could open my mouth, but no words would come out. Accompanied with this was an extremely overwhleming and uncomfortable feeling of having someone in the room with me. It was the most uncomfortable feeling ever. I used to have this dream frequently about two years ago.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2003 06:22 pm
I used to have a recurring dream when I was a child where I could jump about one inch in the air and float anywhere I wanted to. I'd just kind of lean forward slightly and whiz along, not a care in the world. Sure beat the hell out of walking.

My brother used to have a rather bizarre dream. The surface of the earth was a series of bottomless holes, all different sizes, and being so close together that there was only thin strips of earth to navigate on. Across this rather daunting terrain my brother would be chased by a giant frog. He'd either teeter on the edge of one of the holes and start to fall in or the giant frog's tongue would wrap around his throat -- either way he'd wake up screaming.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Able2knower Dreams
  3. » Page 4
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/21/2024 at 11:59:54