Able2knower Dreams

ossobuco

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 11:18 pm
Good, cav..
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 11:21 pm
My dreams have been more surreal than usual becasue of a very bad cold. Odd people from the present and long ago and groups asking me to solve a problem of some sort.
Sometimes, my dreams are involved and fascinating, making sorry that I woke up. Those don't happen very often.
Looking forward to hearing more of what Gus comes up with tomorrow.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 11:28 pm
Sending some really really yummy chicken soup with matzo balls to Diane and patiodog -- it works if I, like, pour it in those little holes on top of my monitor, right? At LEAST for the broth...?

I was awakened in the middle of some horrible disturbing dream of which I have no memory except that I really really wanted to go back to sleep so I could resolve it. Have been vaguely unsatisfied all day that it was just left hanging.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 12:16 am
I dreamed I was driving, pretty fast. I saw a car on the shoulder and realized that it was slowly rolling into my lane. I glanced over my left shoulder (yes, good driving techniques even in my dreams!) and saw a car coming up fast to pass me on the left. All three of the cars crashed together, but I managed to drive thru after getting scraped on both sides!

How symbolic is that? Very Happy

I recently had a very disturbing dream, too personal to go into here, but it helped me to sort out a relationship that had bothered me for years. I think even the boring dreams could teach you something if you could figure out what they're about.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 09:07 am
I had an interesting dream last night or this morning. But, after awaking and sleepily thinking, I need to remember that for A2K, I went back to sleep. Now I can't remember it it at all.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 11:23 am
I dreamed last night that I wanted to visit an ex-boyfriend and talk to him privately, but people kept coming in (his mother, my folks, the mailman, everyone). We could not be alone to chat. Then I was in the room with one of his other ex-girlfriends and she and I just stared at one another until the ex-boyfriend (by the way, I can't recall which man this was) came in briefly and threw popcorn on the floor for us to eat. I could smell the popcorn very vividly. That's when I woke up.

-- I should mention I have a cold and was taking Nyquil last night, and my husband made popcorn yesterday.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 12:43 pm
Well, that's all righty then!!!!

heheheehehh
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 01:21 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
I had a very strange dream. Let me tell you about it...

I was on a beach, getting it on with this young blonde. I had known her for years, seen her around town, that sort of thing, but never expected to be rolling around in the sand with her. We were really getting into it when I looked up and saw Ossobuco, busily constructing a koi pond while she petted her damn dog and just stared at us.

I was beginning to feel a little unsettled, and the blonde was pulling me back down and urging me on, when, suddenly, Montana and her mother strode by, dragging a friggin' washing machine.

Montana stopped and said, "Oh, hi, Gus, hi makemeshiver33. What are you guys doing?"

Osso started chuckling in the background and I went into a blind rage. "What the hell does it look like we're doing, Montana?"

makemeshiver33 suddenly jumped up and said, "I have to get back to school before the nuns notice I'm gone."

At that point I woke up, heart racing, because I thought I had been coupling with a minor and feared imprisonment.

I'm still fairly shaken up.

Don't you just hate dreams like that?
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 01:59 pm
hummm.........lol
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 03:06 pm
He threw popcorn on the floor for you to eat? How degrading! I wonder what it means? I was on a dream-reading course once, but the woman teaching it left after lesson 3.

Agh, I had one of those annoying nights where I can only remember bits and bobs. I was in a theatre with old enemies and weird acquaintances, and someone was forcing me to act... I think that I was Lady Macbeth. Everyone apart from me was drinking, and someone forced me into an uncomfortable conversation. The pit below the stage looked like some cheap club.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 03:15 pm
dròm_et_rêve wrote:
Agh, I had one of those annoying nights where I can only remember bits and bobs.

No doubt thanks in part to Gus, I read that as "bits and boobs."
0 Replies

innie

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 03:26 pm
sozobe wrote:
dròm_et_rêve wrote:
Agh, I had one of those annoying nights where I can only remember bits and bobs.

No doubt thanks in part to Gus, I read that as "bits and boobs."

lol so did i!
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 08:52 pm
I briefly remember that I dreamt I was babysitting ten kids...oh my god what was that about?
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 09:34 pm
Soz, thanks for the chicken soup--and with matzos yet!! Laughing I saved most of it for Dys, as he is still not recovered as much as I. Hopefully, I'll dream of it tonight and have a chance to really savor the flavor. Did the sozlet help stir? That would really make it special!!

Do you think Gus has made all of us dirty minded? I read 'bobs' as 'boobs' too, as if Gus had been influencing our dear, young drom. Now that I think about it, maybe drom did dream of boobs but was simply too polite to say it---what am I thinking of--this is a2k, for pity's sake!!

My son has been going with a young woman for almost a year and I've been asking him to bring her home so I could meet her. He said he would like to but not at Christmas, because his grandmother wouldn't approve--the girl has green hair. I'm used to this, but my mother-in-law would go nuts. She would never let it go. I've seen pictures, his girl friend is gorgeous, but too avant garde for a 93 year old woman.

All this is leading up to my dream last night of a green haired girl on Star Trek. Lovely and exotic. Oh well, that cough medication has certainly had an effect on my dreams.

Colorbook, I'd call that a nightmare, not a dream! :wink:
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 09:40 pm
Humm...I had to go and look that one up....

The number 10 stands for the protector of good and destroyer of evil.

Were those kids brats? lol
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 09:49 pm
Yes your right, Diane now that I think of it, it was a nightmare! The only child in my house is my granddaughter. I like kids...but not that many at once.

makemeshiver33, I can't remember if they were brats or not...I probably would have remembered if they were.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2003 02:39 am
I have been too drunk for the last two nights to dream (or remember my dreams)
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2003 03:30 am
Diane wrote:
Do you think Gus has made all of us dirty minded? I read 'bobs' as 'boobs' too, as if Gus had been influencing our dear, young drom. Now that I think about it, maybe drom did dream of boobs but was simply too polite to say it---what am I thinking of--this is a2k, for pity's sake!!

Laughing Diane! You (and EVERYONE ELSE!) really thought that? We all know your nun-gone-bad secret Laughing but I didn't expect that you had gone over to the seedy side! No, I must confess that I didn't see 'boobs,' nor intended to, but given its juxtaposition with 'bits,' I can see why you thought this way. And, although many people enjoy imagining Gus' midnight antics, they have had no impression on me. If they do, I'll call you.

Last night, I remembered a bit, and the last bit of the dream vividly. I was going to buy some clothes, but- shock horror- the acquaitances were there, in the horrible café with the yellow décor. So, I went home on this jolty old bus, but somehow went to the college instead. We were being moved around from room to room, talking to disillusioned language students as we went. We went into the library, and this one who called herself 'Professor Deering' was taking little kids into it. Deering had black hair, was very fat, and had a strange accent. Soon, the inspector- a middle-aged woman with dark blonde hair in some kind of bun- came and started shouting and 'Professor Deering,' as she was not a professor, neither had the University given her a job, and she was basically walking around, taking use of the University's facilities for the last five years. The inspector ordered her out. I tried to inform Professor Connolly, the eccentric English teacher that I have in real life, and she had this weird Sky blue room in the dream, big enough for thirty. There were hundreds of surly students packed into this small room, and I remember distinctly there being a skylight and wooden panels on the ceiling. Flames of fire filled my mouth, or something hot. I couldn't take them out, but managed to say, 'Deering's sacked.' Professor Connolly looked particularly happy at this news, and told me 'thank you, my love. I'll meet you later.' Weird. So, I walk down the stairs with these two other students, both women. One of whom was wearing some monstrosity made out of plastic and skin; the other dressed sensibly. All I can remember them saying was about Deering- 'I'm so disillusioned with her'-and about how it's better to be an outsider than a traditional loser in the game of life, or something to that affect.

The second dream was short. Michelangelo's David was in our Uni corridor, but the Theology department branded it 'sodomic,' and put this wood thing over the statue's body, to cover it all. A bespectacled, tall guy called Steven Fletcher decided to pull it off, and put it on himself. The crowds roared for him and stamped their feet. 'Fletch, Fletch, Fletch'. A few were saying, 'gay, gay, gay.' Fifty people gathered to see this ridiculous sight. The wood was twice too small for his body, so his body contracted. Eventually, he made a sound like a dying whale- 'woorehh'- and collapsed, to rapturous applause. People picked him up and started parading him. I jumped out of bed, confused with the weirdness.

Edit--- formatting.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2003 08:57 am
Man, the subconscious is an odd thing, eh?

Last night I dreamt of soda that tasted like starch and citrus. I was drinking it and also explaining the flavor to my husband. I could distinctly taste it (not as bad as it sounds).

But - last night we had pasta. And we watch "Dinosaur Planet", which had a scene of dinos drinking from a bubbling pool. So I was having one of those recent events into the mixmaster dreams.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2003 09:17 am
It is very strange, jespah.. apparently, the citrus bit means your potential of prosperity... it's mad how the sleeping mind mixes all these things together. Do you think that dreams have a message, or do you think that dreams are... dreams?

I usually dream things that are little related to my waking day, but I can spot a few influences. I remember that, about fifteen years ago, I was watching a police drama that probably involved drugs. I dreamt that night, and in the dream, anyone who uttered the world 'solvent' would see part of their body disappear. I didn't know what solvent was- I was young- but my mind equated solvent with punishment because of this show. I don't get this often like you do, but the people whom I see usually feature in my dreams. They often don't though, and I rarely dream of my family. I haven't dreamt of them all year, I don't know why.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Able2knower Dreams
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/21/2024 at 02:45:18