Able2knower Dreams

Monger

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 09:30 am
So, what did you have to dream last night?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 6,156 • Replies: 120
No top replies

patiodog

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 09:31 am
I don't remember. The ongoing low-grade fever is making for good ones, but, damn it, I can't remember 'em.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 09:39 am
dream - last night...some sort of musical, as I recall - about something - with subplots and leitmotivs...I think it was about politics - and work.....
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 09:40 am
didn't sleep
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 09:44 am
I rarely remember dreams. The ones I do recall often involve trying to pull away from a threat.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 09:47 am
Yeah, I had one. Kinda blew my mind as to what it pretained.

So, I have a question?

This dream was full of love and passion set on an ocean beach. . I saw vivid reds, carnival atmosphere...felt the breeze...a chill in the air. But the man in the dream wasn't who I would have ever thought I would have that kinda dream about. He's an authorative figure...much older. I have known him since I was a child. And have never thought about him in that way, or muchless think about him at all.

So why him?
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 11:20 am
I always have long threads of linking dreams. I write them down when I wake up, as they're often quite freaky.

Last night: (bear with it; I wrote it down scatilly at 5 am or so.)

There was supposed to be a departmental Spanish trip, but we end up in the Hebrides. The sea shines, and every turn on the sign is named, apart from the one that our coach is taking. One can see the sea being spoilt entirely by toxic/radioactive waste barrels, slowing into the previously gleaming sea. We sense danger. Apparently, someone has died. Our genius driver decides to drop us off NEAR this toxic crap. There's a tacky shop and austere benches. That is all. I am annoyed with the organizer, and wonder how Prof M let the driver drive us there. For fear of my life (toxic fumes) I go into the tacky shop...

(dream 2- attached)

Suddenly, I get a very, very heartfelt apology. The person on the other side of the phone sounded as if she were trying to seduce me, although that goes against all logic. I am annoyed because this whole fiasco has destroyed two days of the trio.

(Dream 3- attached)

Suddenly, we end up in this cheap and tacky town in Spain. Not where I nor Prof. M want to be. There's a pub and yet another bloody carpark. Outside the pub, I wait. This Spanish guy approaches me starts speaking Weak English, thinking Tourist pray, I suppose. Annoyed, I speak fastly in Spanish, and leave. I say something about 'college' and about 'photos.' What do I find but an old Spanish teacher of mine using the only decent alley in town, to get married to some jerk. I go away, enraged.

(dream 4- attached)

So, I'm back in Birmingham, waiting for the bus, reading something, enthralled (like Joe with the chess set.) I realise that I'm waiting on the wrong side, where dead Tom used to stay, and I walk on the other side. Old, old buses pass, ones with strange numbers, and eventually mine.

(dream 5- attached)

I'm at my house, only it isn't a student hovel, it's a huge big manner with grounds. It feels empty. An American family turn up in my house. The woman hides in an outdoor toilet. Her daughter, looked about 20 or so, is depressed. She seems to take a liking to me and we walk around my grounds. Think 'Pemberly' for the size of the grounds. She suggests that we start something called 'Depressfest,' which I think is an appalling idea, but for some reason, I compliment her. We sit into a gazebo and Germaine Greer says that she's using it for a sex ed class. We use another one. .. I can't remember the rest.

That's a relatively normal one compared to usual.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 12:00 pm
I didn't sleep last night. Went down to the card club. Played Texas Hold 'Em for twenty straight hours. Groggy now, but 1300.00 richer. Will go to bed soon and tell about my dreams later.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 07:38 pm
I dreamed that my mother bought a new washing machine that didn't work right, so we had to go through getting the store to come back and get it.

That has to be the most boring dream I've ever had.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 07:50 pm
I woke up from a dream about building a koi pond. A nothing dream. I had hardly gotten started on it..
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 08:49 pm
Interesting topic. My problem with dreams is that, when I wake up, virtually all memory of them is gone. I recall that I had an intense and complicated dream but I can't remember much if anything about the plot.
And this is weird: in my dreams (what I can remember), the story is seen not through my eyes as a participant but rather from the perspective of an observer watching the scene unfold. Sort of a 3rd person dream vs a 1st person dream. Do you understand what I'm saying?
-rjb-
0 Replies

innie

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 08:56 pm
realjohnboy, i am the same way--almost. i always recall the emotions i had when in the dream, but i can never remember the dream or what happened in it... only on rare occasions. my dreams are always in color, always involve people i know and always involve someone dying. well, the ones i remember, anyway :wink:

my dreams disturb me and scare me, i am glad i don't remember most of my dreams... i hate my dreams.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 09:03 pm
I had a very strange dream. Let me tell you about it...

I was on a beach, getting it on with this young blonde. I had known her for years, seen her around town, that sort of thing, but never expected to be rolling around in the sand with her. We were really getting into it when I looked up and saw Ossobuco, busily constructing a koi pond while she petted her damn dog and just stared at us.

I was beginning to feel a little unsettled, and the blonde was pulling me back down and urging me on, when, suddenly, Montana and her mother strode by, dragging a friggin' washing machine.

Montana stopped and said, "Oh, hi, Gus, hi makemeshiver33. What are you guys doing?"

Osso started chuckling in the background and I went into a blind rage. "What the hell does it look like we're doing, Montana?"

makemeshiver33 suddenly jumped up and said, "I have to get back to school before the nuns notice I'm gone."

At that point I woke up, heart racing, because I thought I had been coupling with a minor and feared imprisonment.

I'm still fairly shaken up.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 09:03 pm
I rarely have nightmares. I just have situations to solve, often involving people from some time ago in my life. Once in a while some one recent pops in as a harbinger for dreams of a few years from now. The situations are usually ridiculous but I am a terribly serious about working them out. I seem to wake up as the solving becomes sort of cyclical. I do note, even while I am dreaming them, how astounding that so and so is there doing that.... kind of an over-dreamer, keeping track. But the track is lost seconds after I am awake. Sometimes dreams are familiar though, and I recogize the track (say, finding downtown Chicago from the north... I have had that one a few times).
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 09:24 pm
Hmm, well, that seems to fit together. Was that in Chicago?
0 Replies

NeoGuin

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 09:30 pm
I've been having some weird ones myself--but I can't remember specifics.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 09:41 pm
Of course, the little I mentioned of my dream is true, as I think drom's is, but Gus is prefericationing.

An aside, Pacco has been losing his mind the last fifteen minutes barking to beat the band. He was right of course. I forgot about the Truck Parade. It's here now, logging trucks and tow trucks etc. beeping jingle bells in monotone, speaking of nightmares.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 09:50 pm
Great idea for a thread! Maybe now I'll remember my dreams better! Don't remember last night's. I should warn you that I have very mundane dreams, usually.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 10:55 pm
Thankfully, I don't remember dreaming last night. It couldn't have been good.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 10:58 pm
I dreamed I was completely disorganized for my job tonight, and it turned out I was way more organized than normal. Got a $50.00 tip and everything. I have to stop dreaming and start planning....
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Able2knower Dreams
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/30/2024 at 05:30:16