Able2knower Dreams

makemeshiver33

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 08:02 am
lol...Gus

My husband moans in his sleep, makes me wonder whats he dreaming about? lol....Sometimes I elbow him to make him stop....lol
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 08:39 am
Last night's dreams were disturbing. First I dreamt that my in-laws had lost everything and had to move. And for some reason we had to move, too, and we were doing things like unplugging the TV and putting together boxes. Then we were in my parents' basement and it was implied that my husband and I would be living there. And my father was demanding to know why we needed to move.

I woke up and told my husband about this dream (it was maybe 2 or 3 AM). I then went back to sleep.

And, I dreamt that this time it was my husband and I who had lost everything and had to move. We were packing up the car and tagging our stuff for a yard sale to try to make a few bucks.

After I woke up, my husband went to work and I fell asleep again. This time, I dreamt that I was back in High School and being teased by extremely mean girls who would dirty my hair and tear my clothes, all the while taunting me and calling me names. I was very stoic through the whole thing.

Anyway, I got up after that and haven't been back to bed (I'm a little concerned about what my next dreams will be, if this is any indication!). I should mention I went to sleep with a sinus headache. The yard sale thing is possibly a reference to "Clean Sweep", which was on last night though I didn't watch it (in that show, a couple have their home organized; a part of the show is cleaning out old junk and selling it in a yard sale). The High School thing was a reference to a couple of Xmas cards we've gotten recently, from women I knew in High School (they weren't mean, of course). And the money thing was due to a check and a gift certificate we got in the mail from my in-laws (Chanukah gifts for me, because I won't be seeing them this year [I have to study]).

Anyway, I have that same dang sinus headache.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 08:56 am
Those dreams of yours are not the dreams that you want to have, Jespah! I hope that your sinus headache goes away; they're often the most annoying form of headache. I usually can't sleep with any kind of illness, and if I do get to sleep, I get either horrible dreams, embarrasing ones, or- more usually- ones that get me to concentrate even though I want to get to sleep. They get me to subconciously concentrate on the most mundane things- I never find out on what I have to concentrate- and my head feels as if it were in a vice-trap. What amazes me the most is how your mind re-arranges things from the day.

_-=-_, I am glad that you don't get that kind of thing now; I had that for an age too. It was awful.

Gus; that is very disturbing a dream! I wonder what it meant...

Well, for the last few nights, I haven't been able to sleep much. Three things that I remember:

. Everyone started booing when Bob Dylan sang 'Just like a woman,' as random as that.
. A2K website keeps on coming up in my dreams! I don't know to whom I was writing, or about what I was writing about, but I remember typing some good idea in and then, in the morning, I forget all about that idea.
. I was finally going to get published-I had finally finished a novel and was satisfied with it- and it was about New Year's Eve, originally a conversation in a hotel room between two women who hadn't met before, and it bounds from one story to another. Unfortunately, I can't remember anything about it but this; I never saw the stories nor the book, but I was talking about it to someone... this was probably from staying up until 1.00 am, reading Italo Calvino... so I get the 'osmosis' effect too...

0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 08:57 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
My brother used to have a rather bizarre dream. The surface of the earth was a series of bottomless holes, all different sizes, and being so close together that there was only thin strips of earth to navigate on. Across this rather daunting terrain my brother would be chased by a giant frog. He'd either teeter on the edge of one of the holes and start to fall in or the giant frog's tongue would wrap around his throat -- either way he'd wake up screaming.

Your, um, "brother," Gus? Uh huh....
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 08:59 am
Quote:
Gus; that is very disturbing a dream! I wonder what it meant...

You talkin' about my dream, drom? Or my brother's?
0 Replies

kerver

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 09:25 am
makemeshiver33 wrote:

My husband moans in his sleep, makes me wonder whats he dreaming about? lol....Sometimes I elbow him to make him stop....lol

Yeah, my boyfriend moans in his sleep too and I do the same thing. He better be dreamin of me...lol.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 09:49 am
Kerver threw this out....

Quote:
Yeah, my boyfriend moans in his sleep too and I do the same thing. He better be dreamin of me...lol.

ssailttsasstjiacc!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 10:11 am
Is that Icelandic there gustav?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 10:16 am
cavfancier wrote:
Has anyone ever dreamed that they went to work without pants, and then woke up to discover that they actually are at work without pants?

Uh, yes. That's because I'm a chippendale's dancer.
0 Replies

kerver

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 10:29 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Kerver threw this out....

Quote:

ssailttsasstjiacc!

lol....ooops, I meant that I elbow him too when he moans in his sleep, not that i moan when i sleep. Sorry, it's just way too early in the morning!
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 10:33 am
Your brother's, Gus; yours is nice...

and ssailttsasstjiacc is some kind of double entrendre.

0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2003 07:55 am
I had assumed everyone knew what "ssailttsasstjiacc" was.

It's kind of like "lol" which means of course, "laugh out loud"

ssailttsasstjiacc simply means "softly snorting as I lean to the side and spit some tobacco juice into a coffee can"
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2003 08:22 am
I can just imagine ssailttsasstjiacc being typed by hundreds and thousands of people now, Gus.

For the first time in a while, I had a proper dream that I could remember. I was coming home with a friend, but everything had changed. There were fast-food restaurants everywhere, and light-grey tarmac on the roads. There was a conversation between the friend and I, but I have forgotten all of it apart from the end, when she said, 'you should know this; this is your district.' I went into the bus station, it was rather rustic, grey and brown, with a water pump. Up on a gingerish board, there were timetables for buses to bizarre, Scottish-sounding places. I remarked to myself- thinking outside the dream whilst inside it, which is weird- that it didn't take long to get to Scotland. I almost decided to go, but didn't.
0 Replies

kerver

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2003 01:36 pm
Last night i dreamed there was an igloo in my living room and i went inside it and then it caved in on me. There were about 4 other people in the living room, but nobody even moved to help me. I felt sufficated, but managed to dig myself out. Was weird
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2003 01:41 pm
Sleeping under your pillow again, Kerver? Smile
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2003 03:07 pm
I had a dream that something caught my eye, and dragged it fifteen feet. Then, cartoon-like, I bounced into my eye, and realized that the creature pulling my eye was a cross between a pink octopus and a pangolin. It spoke to me. "Eye-catching, aren't I" it said. "I come from a far planet, and we need your eye for reasearch, so, leggo my eggo already." "No way you alien freak!" I yelled. A Kung Fu fight started....my Shaolin against his....god knows what style...then I woke up and realized....IT WAS NO DREAM!!!!
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 03:55 pm
LMAO; I especially like the 'eye-catching' pun! How is your eye now, Cav? I hope you gave that octopus-pangolin monster the what for.

I dreamt that I was back in my first year of college... but I had ended up somewhere completely different to where I studied in real life. Instead of having apartments, the universities forced us to share caravans between fours. They were tiny little things, with no seperate bedrooms, with just one room in which none of us could stand up, and so- because of dream logic- I started to dig the floor to make the caravan bigger. Everyone else was silent, so I started to introduce myself. The other people had come forward in time- one of them, the English student, was actually a young-looking version of my old English teacher in 6th form. Then, spontaneously, the dream transplanted me into a dinner hall, where I was having some kind of martial arts fight with this guy I used to know who thought that he was Bruce Lee. I was winning, though I was in ballet gear rather than in Karate gear- but I knocked down some books that had Luxembourg colours on them.

0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 06:57 pm
Funky!

I had a dream fairly recently that I was going to China and was traveling via some sort of open flying machine, not unlike a magic carpet. It didn't fly very high, maybe 2 feet off the ground. When I got to "China", it was industrial, and the large city I was going through was engaged in some sort of a celebration. There was a large flashing and glittering banner that folded and then fly by above my head. I thought that was very beautiful; it almost looked like an old Times Square ad before their ads became just video. And then I woke up. Wacky.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2004 06:41 am
That is wacky, Jespah; did you think about China or New York in the day that you had that dream? Did this flying thing look as if it were made of glass?

I dreamt a very, very strange dream last night... it completely freaked me out. There was a trip to Amsterdam, under dubious terms, but I ended up going to Paris on my own. I was trapped inside an unspeakably sterile shopping mall with English shops in it. This group of people with accents that sound New York-esque, approached me, whilst I was trying to address a surly cleaner. The group started talking about English being the language of the world; they weren't the most engaging people, but I went with them as one of them was extremely nice, and- I suppose- it would entail getting drinks for free. They seemed desperate to meet anyone who speaks English, and didn't care about what my character may be. Then I was in another bar, a dark French restaurant, the kind of dark French restaurant that you only see out of France, with an old friend and an old languages teacher. The friend and I were arguing, and then the teacher- an eccentric French guy- produced the most vivid thing that I remember, what seemed like about 200 'Christmas' cards, all of them with a business logo and a statement that read 'Oncle [sic] Haseeb lived on Alum Rock.' It amused me when M. __ said that this was the most popular Christmas card ever. The friend complained that it had nothing to do with Christmas.

The weirdest bit was being in some hotel room with an exposed old English teacher of mine. She started talking about how awful it was that today girls follow crappy boybands around, and save themselves for bands who don't care. I forget the rest of the dialogue..

0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2004 07:05 am
I haven't had a dream for a while now. Not that I can remember anyway. A couple of months ago I was having some doozies.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Able2knower Dreams
  3. » Page 5
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/21/2024 at 10:51:55