Please answer asap! For school project. Good questions for you!

wb4life

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2010 03:54 am
What is your religion? What/who is God to you?

2. How long have you been practicing your religion, and why are you drawn to this particular religious philosophy?

3. Do you participate in meetings/worship services on a regular basis? If so, what impact does this communal relationship have on your individual faith?

4. What defines you as a follower of your specific faith and how does it compare to followers of other faiths?

5. How would you define your relationship with the higher power? What do you think your role is in your religious community?

6. Have you ever encountered any conflicting beliefs with your religion? If you have, how did this affect the strength of your faith?

7. What are your thoughts on the creation of the world and afterlife?

8. What is one’s purpose in the world, no matter what they believe in? Do you think your religion succeeds in guiding people to serve this purpose? How?

9. What has your faith provided you mentally, emotionally, and spiritually?

10. How would life be if religion did not exist?

manored

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2010 03:19 pm
1. I have no religion. God is unknown.

2. About 3/4 years. Because it is the one that makes the most sense.

3. No.

4. I have no faith.

5. I dont know it and have no community.

6. I have no faith.

7. I dont know how the world was created. As for afterlife, I think that there is no eternal death but how life after death is is unknown.

8.There is no absolute purpose in the world. If I could choose one for everyone, I would chose the survival and happiness of mankind.

9. I have no faith.

10. Wonderful.

Im being interrupted now. I will comment on this later.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2010 03:28 pm
@wb4life,
wb4life wrote:

2. How long have you been practicing your religion, and why are you drawn to this particular religious philosophy? i gave up on religion when i was about 13

3. Do you participate in meetings/worship services on a regular basis? If so, what impact does this communal relationship have on your individual faith? not applicable

4. What defines you as a follower of your specific faith and how does it compare to followers of other faiths? not applicable

5. How would you define your relationship with the higher power? What do you think your role is in your religious community? not applicable

6. Have you ever encountered any conflicting beliefs with your religion? If you have, how did this affect the strength of your faith? not applicable
7. What are your thoughts on the creation of the world and afterlife? don't much care about either one

8. What is one’s purpose in the world, no matter what they believe in? Do you think your religion succeeds in guiding people to serve this purpose? How? live life as best you can

9. What has your faith provided you mentally, emotionally, and spiritually? not applicable

10. How would life be if religion did not exist? not applicable
manored

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2010 07:07 pm
I think these questions should be changed a bit, as to account for people who dont follow a specific religion or dont consider themselves faithful (As in, their beliefs come from pure logic).
George

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2010 07:38 pm
@manored,
But if these questions are in fact for a school project, then perhaps the poster
cannot change them.
CalamityJane

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2010 08:11 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

wb4life wrote:

2. How long have you been practicing your religion, and why are you drawn to this particular religious philosophy? i gave up on religion when i was about 13

3. Do you participate in meetings/worship services on a regular basis? If so, what impact does this communal relationship have on your individual faith? not applicable

4. What defines you as a follower of your specific faith and how does it compare to followers of other faiths? not applicable

5. How would you define your relationship with the higher power? What do you think your role is in your religious community? not applicable

6. Have you ever encountered any conflicting beliefs with your religion? If you have, how did this affect the strength of your faith? not applicable
7. What are your thoughts on the creation of the world and afterlife? don't much care about either one

8. What is one’s purpose in the world, no matter what they believe in? Do you think your religion succeeds in guiding people to serve this purpose? How? live life as best you can

9. What has your faith provided you mentally, emotionally, and spiritually? not applicable

10. How would life be if religion did not exist? not applicable

What djjd62 said!
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2010 08:20 pm
Well, wb4life, you seem to have come to the wrong place.
JTT

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2010 09:17 pm
@George,
Yup, obviously just a bunch of heathens.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2010 11:43 pm
@wb4life,
What is the objective of this poll, wb4life?
I assume you're a student. At what level, may I ask? At a state or religious school?
What school subject is this poll for? (I'm curious.)
You can ask anyone at all to participate/be polled? (including online polling?)

0 Replies

aidan

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2010 02:47 am
@wb4life,
Quote:
What is your religion?

I was raised Christian. I don't know a name for what I consider myself to be now.
Quote:
What/who is God to you?

Giver and creator of life.
Quote:
2. How long have you been practicing your religion, and why are you drawn to this particular religious philosophy?

I was taken to church and given my first Bible when I was six weeks old (they used to have a rule about it back then).
I am drawn to my particular religious philosophy because it teaches love and kindness and treating your fellow man as you'd want to be treated yourself.

Quote:
3. Do you participate in meetings/worship services on a regular basis? If so, what impact does this communal relationship have on your individual faith?

No, not anymore. But on the occasions that I do, I always feel peaceful and uplifted.

Quote:
4. What defines you as a follower of your specific faith and how does it compare to followers of other faiths?

I try to love my neighbor as myself. I don't compare myself to other people of other faiths - I just tend to my own knitting (as my mother taught me to do).

Quote:
5. How would you define your relationship with the higher power? What do you think your role is in your religious community?

I am grateful for my life.
I don't perceive myself as having a role in a religious community. I perceive myself as having a role as a human being in society.

Quote:
6. Have you ever encountered any conflicting beliefs with your religion?

Yes!
Quote:
If you have, how did this affect the strength of your faith?

Not at all - it's a part of me that can't be eradicated - sort of like my eye color.
I could try to cover it up- make it appear to change or even disappear- but it would still be there.
It's not based on or affected by what other people say or think.
It just is.

Quote:
7. What are your thoughts on the creation of the world and afterlife?

Those are not really important parts of what I see as the manifestation of my faith. My faith informs what I think and do, how I view the world and other people here and now.
I'm not bothered about before or after my own sentience or consciousness.

Quote:
8. What is one’s purpose in the world, no matter what they believe in? Do you think your religion succeeds in guiding people to serve this purpose? How?

I see my purpose as being summed up succinctly in this Bible verse:
to-'Act justly and mercifully and walk HUMBLY (and humbly is the key word) with my God. (That's Micah 6:8 paraphrased).
And 'my God' is anything I worship. Some people worship money, some people worship their own intelligence, some people worship their own children, some people worship other people...
I like the example that Jesus set in terms of how to be in the world and treat other people.
But in terms of any one religion succeeding in guiding people to serve this purpose - I'm not sure I could say that.
But I do think Jesus set a good example for people to follow (in general) if people could be selfless enough to follow it.
I think he's a very good guide.

Quote:
9. What has your faith provided you mentally, emotionally, and spiritually?

Peace and an ability to see beyond myself and my own interests - as I DO believe there is something outside of and higher than myself - even if I don't know exactly what it is - it keeps me from putting myself and others like me on the pedestal.

Quote:
10. How would life be if religion did not exist?

I don't know. No one who is living now does or could know that.

*Thanks for your questions - I found this very interesting to think about - I hope my participation is helpful to you.
George

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2010 07:43 am
@aidan,
I said before that I thought wb4life had come to the wrong place.
I take that back.
0 Replies

manored

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2010 09:22 am
@George,
George wrote:

But if these questions are in fact for a school project, then perhaps the poster
cannot change them.
It would seem strange to me if the questions are fixed, because then the students would be acting only as surveyors and not as the elaborators of the survey. But who knows.

George wrote:

I said before that I thought wb4life had come to the wrong place.
I take that back.
I think you said that too early, and now you are saying this too early too =)

Maybe you will end up taking back your taking backness. =)

msolga wrote:

What is the objective of this poll, wb4life?
I assume you're a student. At what level, may I ask? At a state or religious school?
What school subject is this poll for? (I'm curious.)
You can ask anyone at all to participate/be polled? (including online polling?)
Im kinda curious about this too.
Intrepid

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2010 09:36 am
@George,
George wrote:

Well, wb4life, you seem to have come to the wrong place.

Or, have attracted the wrong responders
0 Replies

George

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2010 01:37 pm
@manored,
manored wrote:

George wrote:

cannot change them.

It would seem strange to me if the questions are fixed, because then the
students would be acting only as surveyors and not as the elaborators of
the survey. But who knows.

To be frank, I don't think this is a student project and I suspect MsOlga
does not think so either. My guess is that having posted these questions
here and also at http://www.blurtit.com/q5248676.html,
http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/2342865, and
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101104025638AAObhyO,
the poster will return with the real answers, based on the one true
religion.
0 Replies

manored

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2010 08:56 am
George wrote:

To be frank, I don't think this is a student project and I suspect MsOlga
does not think so either. My guess is that having posted these questions
here and also at http://www.blurtit.com/q5248676.html,
http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/2342865, and
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101104025638AAObhyO,
the poster will return with the real answers, based on the one true
religion.
Hum, I dont see why you are concluding that. Posting the questions on several places is an obvious course of action to gather a large number of answers, which he probaly needs if it is a school project.
eurocelticyankee

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2010 02:13 pm
@aidan,
You got your first bible aged six !!!!. The brainwashing started early in your family.
eurocelticyankee

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2010 02:15 pm
@aidan,
WHAT !!!!!!six weeks. wow.
Intrepid

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2010 02:16 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
Maybe you should have read one and you wouln't have turned out to be such a jerk.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2010 02:16 pm
@eurocelticyankee,

Quote:
WHAT !!!!!!six weeks. wow.
Yeah - and I still have it.
aidan

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2010 02:18 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
Quote:
You got your first bible aged six !!!!. The brainwashing started early in your family.

Whatever - call it what you will.
I guess it is a sort of conditioning - just like you were conditioned by your family and their beliefs.
The conditioning I got in my family has served me very well -I'm sure you'll be happy to hear.
Thank you very much for your interest and concern.