Please answer asap! For school project. Good questions for you!

eurocelticyankee

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 03:09 pm
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 03:15 pm
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 03:30 pm

eurocelticyankee

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 03:34 pm
And I thought the Bible was written by god. It's a history of censorship for political power. Definitely written and edited by man.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 05:48 pm
@wb4life,
A little bit rude, don't you think, of wb4life not to get back to us?
Particularly after the urgent ASAP! request for the school project.
At least s/he could have said thanks! Wink
0 Replies

manored

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 10:21 am
@eurocelticyankee,
You dont need to post EVER part you know =)

Just post the first and anyone who is interested can easily find the rest on youtube.

eurocelticyankee wrote:

And I thought the Bible was written by god. It's a history of censorship for political power. Definitely written and edited by man.
Yep. Its a collection of smaller books after all, which means that someone chosed the books that would go into it, and someone interpreted it on their own way in a religion as well. Even if one or more of those books originally had the true hand of god behind then, what I dont believe, the original message was corrupted by man long ago.

msolga wrote:

A little bit rude, don't you think, of wb4life not to get back to us?
Particularly after the urgent ASAP! request for the school project.
At least s/he could have said thanks! Wink
Indeed. But then you see something like "urgent!" on an internet forum, you should totally ignore the "urgent" part. Like 99% of the times the poster only said that because he is impatient and has no actual need for a quick answer. =)

Then the title is spent asking for help desesperately with capslock, you can be pretty much sure that the opening post is written on terrible english and totally fails to descripe the situation =)
eurocelticyankee

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 04:05 pm
@manored,
Ya Wat ??????????
manored

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2010 01:41 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
eurocelticyankee wrote:

Ya Wat ??????????
?
eurocelticyankee

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2010 02:30 pm
@manored,
Quote:
Yep. Its a collection of smaller books after all, which means that someone chosed the books that would go into it, and someone interpreted it on their own way in a religion as well. Even if one or more of those books originally had the true hand of god behind then, what I dont believe, the original message was corrupted by man long ago.

Forgive me, but I just don't get what you mean.
manored

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2010 06:47 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
eurocelticyankee wrote:

Quote:

Forgive me, but I just don't get what you mean.
Ok, I will try to explain it another way:

The bible isnt just one book. Nobody wrote the bible, writers wrote several smallers books, which were later joined together in one big book, the bible. This, off course, means that someone chosed what books would be part of the bible. The bible is basically a collection of the books that were accepted as religious truth by the new religion.

This off course, means that both the "holy" book and its interpretation: the religions that arose from it, were made by men. Neither the book nor the interpretations are the word of god, but of men.

eurocelticyankee

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 04:11 am
@manored,
I agree, that's pretty much what I said.
0 Replies