Your Quotes

CharlieRipton

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 02:18 pm
The true human irony is that we have what we want, but want what we don't have.

It is fear that keeps us alive, giving into it is what kills us.

These are both written by me!
CharlieRipton

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 02:18 pm
The true human irony is that we have what we want, but want what we don't have.

It is fear that keeps us alive, giving into it is what kills us.

These are both written by me!
0 Replies

jerseygrl

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 08:00 am
does anyone have any creative quotes for like summer, not a famous one
0 Replies

snookered

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 10:05 pm
An original quote by me.
"The difference between an opinion and knowledge is BS"
jr
0 Replies

Abouhamdan

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 11:36 am
I'm new to this site, and this subject caught my eye, I've made quite a bit of quotes, just in case I get randomly famous somehow, people can remember me as "One of those deep guys." Heh, well here they are:

"The current internal struggle in today's intellectuals is, the majority of the time, the decision on whether to act on what is rather than what ought to be."
-Nemr G. Abou-Hamdan

"It's American culture to be satirical of American culture"
-Nemr G. Abou-Hamdan

"Those who are imbeciles are satisfied with the knowledge of the trivial; those who are intellectuals are plagued by the unanswered questions buried in the deep confines of their minds; those who are enlightened comprehend that the answering of intellectual questions is trivial, though, they get a kick out of trying."
-Nemr G. Abou-Hamdan

"In my ongoing attempt to shape myself as a better person, I wish to obtain three things: The Eyes of an artist, the mind of a philosopher, and the hands of a scientist."
-Nemr G. Abou-Hamdan

"In today's world, all the minds of every person are stranded on a tiny island, all are try to build a shelter when they ought to be finding ways to get to someone else's island."
-Nemr G. Abou-hamdan

"The luckiest people in the world come in pairs: Those who can find mutuality between each other. Everyone else marches in a single file line, all spaced out so they can't reach the one in front of them, all walking aimlessly toward the same direction."
-Nemr G. abou-hamdan

"Nothing is ever black and white."
-Nemr G. Abou Hamdan

"Philosophy, beliefs, and religion are rafts for people to float on in a sea of doubt, confusion, and wrongness, though, when we were handed these rafts, the majority of us didn't see the holes stabbed through the bottoms. Those who didn't see them, sink down, unknowingly; those who saw them, but are in denial, sink down with a mask of obscurity, though behind the mask is a mind plagued by a slightly panicked conscience; and those who see the holes, and accept they exist, are either happily accepting the fact that they're drowning, or frantically trying to find a way to save themselves."
-Nemr G. Abou-Hamdan

Oh and sorry for quoting myself...I know it seems kind of lame.
Miller

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 12:11 pm
When little dogs laugh, we're all in big, big trouble.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 12:13 pm
The easiest person to fool is yourself.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 12:18 pm
The waiter always brings the check!
0 Replies

fyihi

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2007 11:24 pm
Abouhamdan wrote:
I'm new to this site, and this subject caught my eye, I've made quite a bit of quotes, just in case I get randomly famous somehow, people can remember me as "One of those deep guys." Heh, well here they are:

"The current internal struggle in today's intellectuals is, the majority of the time, the decision on whether to act on what is rather than what ought to be."
-Nemr G. Abou-Hamdan

"It's American culture to be satirical of American culture"
-Nemr G. Abou-Hamdan

"Those who are imbeciles are satisfied with the knowledge of the trivial; those who are intellectuals are plagued by the unanswered questions buried in the deep confines of their minds; those who are enlightened comprehend that the answering of intellectual questions is trivial, though, they get a kick out of trying."
-Nemr G. Abou-Hamdan

"In my ongoing attempt to shape myself as a better person, I wish to obtain three things: The Eyes of an artist, the mind of a philosopher, and the hands of a scientist."
-Nemr G. Abou-Hamdan

"In today's world, all the minds of every person are stranded on a tiny island, all are try to build a shelter when they ought to be finding ways to get to someone else's island."
-Nemr G. Abou-hamdan

"The luckiest people in the world come in pairs: Those who can find mutuality between each other. Everyone else marches in a single file line, all spaced out so they can't reach the one in front of them, all walking aimlessly toward the same direction."
-Nemr G. abou-hamdan

"Nothing is ever black and white."
-Nemr G. Abou Hamdan

"Philosophy, beliefs, and religion are rafts for people to float on in a sea of doubt, confusion, and wrongness, though, when we were handed these rafts, the majority of us didn't see the holes stabbed through the bottoms. Those who didn't see them, sink down, unknowingly; those who saw them, but are in denial, sink down with a mask of obscurity, though behind the mask is a mind plagued by a slightly panicked conscience; and those who see the holes, and accept they exist, are either happily accepting the fact that they're drowning, or frantically trying to find a way to save themselves."
-Nemr G. Abou-Hamdan

Oh and sorry for quoting myself...I know it seems kind of lame.

People will remember him as one of those "deep guys", this guy went to my school. He committed suicide August 26th, 2007. RIP.
http://www.legacy.com/statesman/Obituaries.asp?Page=Notice&PersonID=93549259
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2007 11:30 pm
I miss Individual, the creator of this thread.

Anyone who wants to adopt that sentiment, feel free to use it.
0 Replies

ravello0998

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 02:54 pm
@Abouhamdan,
Nemr (06/05/1990 - 08/26/2007):
May you live on through your quotes and bright spirit.
Love,
GM
Miller

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 01:05 am
@CharlieRipton,
A wise son makes a glad father: but a foolish son is the heaviness of his mother.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2009 04:48 pm
@ravello0998,
Ravello, can you tell us more about Nemr?
0 Replies