looking for the name of a movie about the arctic

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 04:34 pm
I saw a movie when I was a young kid ... it would have been made in the early 80s or maybe late 70s probably.

It was (I think) about some early (maybe 19th or early 20th century?) white arctic explorers who encounter some Inuit (I don't remember much.)

The main scene I remember is when some of the explorers find some wild berries and they ferment it into alcohol. Everyone gets drunk and there is a beautiful bit of Inuit throat singing.

Sorry I don't have more info, but it was ages ago.

Thanks for anyone who remembers this Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 445 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Ceili

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 04:53 pm
Salmonberries?? was made in 1991..
farmerman

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 05:12 pm
@Ceili,
NO, it was way earlier I think. I remember the movie, ANTHONY QUINN was in it (He was init as a Innuit)> It was the movie where the explorers were offered the Innuit women so they Could "laugh together" with them. ("Laughing" was an Innuit phrase for the horizontal tango).
Yep I recall. Look up ANthony Quinnas discography
farmerman

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 05:16 pm
@farmerman,
THE SAVAGE INNOCENTS Thats the movie that Bob Dylan got all excited about and wrote the song "Quinn the ESkimo". Maybe I just mde thia up but I believe itas right.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 06:55 pm
http://img.amazon.ca/images/I/51TW1YQB8EL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
pookshuman

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2010 10:49 am
@wandeljw,
sweet, that looks like the one .... i will have to rent it or find it somewhere to be sure Smile

Thanks a lot guys Smile
0 Replies