Unusual things about you!

Grand Duke

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2003 03:45 pm
I've been going grey since I was 14. I'm now 27. It's definately distinguishing, if nothing else.

I can also turn my eyelids inside out, and have very big feet.

And I haven't cried for 15 years.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 09:58 pm
I love the smell of 'Pledge' being rubbed on a nice dining room table in the morning.
0 Replies

hotsauce

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 10:28 pm
I would prefer using my tongue...over any other part of my body.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 10:52 pm
Wow! This has been around since 2003. Funny the things that get buried and are then resurrected. We were tested for hearing in grade school and I found I had extraordinary range of hearing. The tester kept stopping to say I was to tell him when I could no longer hear the sound. I told him I understood and kept listening. When I finally said it stopped he was looking at me funny.
I didn't fully appreciate how different it was until many years later while working at a theater. There was suddenly a high pitched squeal coming from the screen. I went to the office to tell the manager. The assistant mgr. came to listen and couldn't hear a thing. I was amazed that no one from the audience had complained yet. Then the manager came and couldn't hear anything. To me it was really shrill. He called the booth and our projectionist who was head of the union in Boston had been tweaking the system with a sound engineer. They left the booth and neither could hear it. They went back and fooled around some more. After a while I told them it had stopped. No one noticed any difference although they thought the sound was better.
I'm sure my hearing range has diminished over the years as I'm 65 now. Having said that, even now my pal Mike and I while banding hawks will hear a hawk calling. Mike would look around. I would then point to where the sound came from. He can't do that nor could others who've come banding with us.
0 Replies

hotsauce

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 11:39 pm
must mean you are like spiderman...to hear those things...got any other special powers?
0 Replies

smog

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 05:29 am
Umm, wow, I miss a lot of people who posted in this thread. It makes me pretty sad to read it all, actually. Really sad, in fact. And to think, it was started well before I was even a member here. I would have liked to have been here back then. I'll stop sidetracking this thread now.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 11:13 am
smog wrote:
I'll stop sidetracking this thread now.

Is that an "unusual thing about you"? :wink: Laughing
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 11:27 am
Reyn wrote:
I love the smell of 'Pledge' being rubbed on a nice dining room table in the morning.

Smells like... lemony furniture polish ?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 11:29 am
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
I have an uncanny knack of beating up retards in order to impress girls.

I've grown up since this statement. Beating up retards...what the hell is wrong with me?

I now beat up girls, to impress retards.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 11:31 am
I have narrowley avoided death many times:

I was in a car that flipped twice doing 90 mph(my pants got ripped)
I was almost struck by lightning
I almost sleep walked off the edge of a canyon (uncle grabbed me at the last second)
I looked down the barrel of a gun of someone who did not have my best interests in mind
I was caught in an undertow when my friends mom was just able to grab my outstretched hand as I was going under
I fell off a two story building and only fractured my heel
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 11:39 am
Sublime, you should become a parachuter instructor. Drunk.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 11:43 am
Oddly enough I have considered it. It would be an expensive undertaking, roughly $5000 for all the classes.
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 11:47 am
No matter how hard I try...and I've been trying for years: I can't whistle!
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 03:45 pm
LionTamerX wrote:
Reyn wrote:

Smells like... lemony furniture polish ?

Yup, it's heavenly to a dummy like me! Rolling Eyes :wink:
0 Replies

superjuly

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 04:06 pm
sublime1 wrote:

I almost sleep walked off the edge of a canyon (uncle grabbed me at the last second)
I looked down the barrel of a gun of someone who did not have my best interests in mind
I was caught in an undertow when my friends mom was just able to grab my outstretched hand as I was going under

I have a littledeath swerving story of my own too...

When I was 8 I fell into a river with piranhas and where a few alligators were sitting really close by (this happened in the wetlands of Pantanal).
My uncle pulled me out really fast!
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 05:33 pm
sublime1 wrote:

do you play the lottery??
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 05:43 pm
Wow... if I had to pick only one kooky thing about me ( and there are MANY!!)
I would say it is my ability to identify almost any car on the street. Year, make, model etc... I can even tell you sometimes, WHY that year model is diffrent from the one before/after etc.
I started doing this when I was young. ( about 7 ) My mom would take me across the city for our long drives and I would just start reading the backs of cars. After a while, I didnt have to read the back of it , look at the symbols on tires, hood ornaments etc.. Since I was ALWAYS doing this, I could tell the newer models from the older ones.
I have tweeked this ability by reading up on car stats when they are produced and trying to identify the changes every time I see a new car.
Mr Wolf has challaged this ability before and even I was shocked at my accuracy!
yeah... im wierd.. ;-)
0 Replies

superjuly

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 05:54 pm
That's very unusual, shewolf... not weird. :wink:
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 06:28 pm
superjuly wrote:
I have a littledeath swerving story of my own too...

When I was 8 I fell into a river with piranhas and where a few alligators were sitting really close by (this happened in the wetlands of Pantanal).
My uncle pulled me out really fast!

Wow, I don't think that even I would have gotten out of that one.

Shewolf, should we start a guess that car thread to keep you on your toes? I agree with Superjuly, thats an unusual talent not a weird one
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 07:03 pm
I can wiggle my ears--one at a time, both together, or alternating right and left. This makes my glasses bounce up and down.

I can find the down side to just about anything. Not on purpose. Problems just pop into my head.
My former boss used to find this skill invaluable. She'd present me with ideas, and I'd tell her what was wrong with them.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 04:50:29