plato's symposium

Fido

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2010 05:43 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Given that you apparently cannot distinguish between an analogy (what you did in fact offer) and an example, i don't see that there's any point in continuing this conversation. Everyone, absolutely everyone, without regard to what formal education they have had is ignorant--no one knows or possibly can know eveything. Your maundering about ignorance is not to the point in a discussion of how kids try to exploit this site to accomplish homework which they can't be bothered to do themselves.

What ever, right... You are probably different from most folks in finding what you do not seek, and learning what you already know... It is possible for an example to be an analogy of sorts; and I will give you that, but it was only suggest that you apply what you know of yourself to others...

The greatest impediment to my learning was always the greatest spur to my knowing... When I was young I felt retarded because I did not learn as others, but much more slowly... To ask a question in school, even when given the opportunity was like advertizing my stupidity of which I was most self conscious... The hardest thing to learn was that behavior most essential to learning, to admit ignorance and seek enlightenment... This is a public forum... Even here, to admit one does not know must be a bitter pill... Look at yourself, and your sweet diet... I still take my bitter pills where no one can see me make the ugly face... When, if ever, do you take yours???
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2010 05:52 am
Yeah, right, whatever . . .
0 Replies