creation of dark matter and dark energy

jojokp

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2010 01:08 pm
did dark matter and dark energy exist before the big bang or was dark matter and dark energy created as a result of the big bang?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,524 • Replies: 14
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2010 01:09 pm
Personally, i blame Darth Vader.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2010 01:55 pm
@jojokp,
jojokp wrote:
did dark matter and dark energy exist before the big bang or was dark matter and dark energy created as a result of the big bang?

As a result of.

Dark Matter and Dark Energy are names for deduced aspects of our Universe based on observable effects within our Universe. Therefor they are part of our Universe and a result of the BB.
0 Replies

jojokp

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2010 04:56 pm
thanks for response. another question. is there any evidence of anything having existed in space prior to the big bang?
rosborne979

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2010 06:24 pm
@jojokp,
jojokp wrote:

thanks for response. another question. is there any evidence of anything having existed in space prior to the big bang?

No, there is not.

"Space" as we understand it is an aspect of the Big Bang. There is no reason to think that even space itself existed before the BB. Time is also an aspect of the BB, so in order to think about conditions before the BB, you must be able to imagine a reality in which Time and Space don't exist. Ask yourself, How can an "event" occur, how can anything "occur" when there is no flow of time.
0 Replies

jojokp

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2010 07:55 pm
i understand, but what evidence is there that space and time did not exist prior to the BB?
gungasnake

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2010 08:30 pm
@jojokp,
I'll make life really simple for you. Dark energy, dark matter, and the big bang all three are a bunch of bullshit. The big bang idea is based on nothing better than the idea that only relative motion can produce redshift and the other two are based on the misguided idea that gravity, by many orders of magnitude the weakest force in nature, alone governs the cosmos.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2010 08:33 pm

The big bang idea is basically bad science, bad philosophy, and bad theology rolled into a package and I don't care how many people think they have Nobel prizes for anything associated with it.

Having all the mass of the universe collapsed to a point would be the mother of all black holes and nothing would ever "bang" its way out of that. Likewise having a supposedly omniscient and omnipotent God suddenly decide it would be a cool thing to create a universe at some specific time while the idea had never occurred to him previously is basically nonsensical and it doesn't matter whether that's 7000 or 17B years ago.

But don't take my word for it...

http://www.cosmologystatement.org/

http://bigbangneverhappened.org/

http://www.electric-cosmos.org/arp.htm

http://www.haltonarp.com/

http://www.haltonarp.com/articles/faint_quasars_give_conclusive_evidence_for_non_velocity_redshifts

http://www.amazon.com/Seeing-Red-Redshifts-Cosmology-Academic/dp/0968368905
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2010 08:33 pm
@jojokp,
Quote:
i understand, but what evidence is there that space and time did not exist prior to the BB?

None.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2010 05:09 pm
@jojokp,
jojokp wrote:

Your question is a little like asking if there is any evidence of ocean-water outside of the ocean? And the answer would be NO, because it's only ocean-water BECAUSE it's in the ocean.

Space and Time are aspects of the Cosmological model that we call the BB. They are defined by that model and bounded by that model.

There may be a "different" Time/Space outside of the BB model, but the particular Time/Space defined within this model, can not exist outside of this model.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2010 07:19 pm
@jojokp,
jojokp wrote:

There was no "before the big bang", any more than there is a "North of the North Pole". As to the cause of dark matter and dark energy, nobody knows, because nobody yet knows precisely what they are in the first place.
0 Replies

HexHammer

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2010 11:30 am
@jojokp,
jojokp wrote:

1) how should we know?
2) dark matter and dark energy has never been proven to exist.
3) please don't ask such silly questions which there are no scientific answers to.
jojokp

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2010 07:43 am
@HexHammer,
i will ask as many silly questions as i deem necessary. you simply need not reply to them.
Setanta

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2010 07:47 am
Hex Hammer is a Danish neo-Nazi with a limited command of English, and he is also a bully and a putz. Ignore him.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2010 10:49 am
@jojokp,
jojokp wrote:
i will ask as many silly questions as i deem necessary. you simply need not reply to them.

It wasn't a silly question. Obviously you were asking about "the Model" (The Big Bang Model). And there are valid answers to how the model treats these components.

People seem to confuse an understanding of the Model and an understanding of actual Reality all the time. Any mathematical model of reality will always be limited and to some degree inaccurate.
0 Replies