marriage and laws of living in eurpoe

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2010 01:21 pm
i hold a dutch eu passport my partner is south african when we get married can we live in europe holland or england
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,236 • Replies: 7
No top replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2010 01:24 pm
@carmin ,
starting multiple threads asking the same question won't get you an answer any quicker
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2010 01:26 pm
@carmin ,
Honey, when you get married, you can live together anywhere on the planet. What the hell makes you think that you can't?
contrex

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2010 01:59 pm
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

Honey, when you get married, you can live together anywhere on the planet. What the hell makes you think that you can't?

Little things like immigration laws? Visas? In the UK, for example, if I married a non-EU national I could not just bring them with me to live. They would have to apply for a visa and pay the fee. This is true of all EU countries. Intending immigrants should enquire at the embassy of the country they hope to settle in.
saab

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2010 02:12 pm
Do you live in Holland? Why donĀ“t you ask the authorities in Holland how it is for a South African to get a visa to Holland, working permit etc?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2010 04:55 am
@contrex,
I took it that the poster wasn't asking about immigration but, rather, whether the spouses could live together (perhaps a gay marriage is contemplated?). Anyway, if it was about immigration, I really wish people would make such things clearer.
saab

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2010 05:37 am
@jespah,
......yes and ask the authorities instead of us who hardly know about the different immigration laws in different countries.
Francis

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2010 05:49 am
@saab,
I beg to differ.

Not only some of us have a good practical knowledge about nationality and immigration laws in EU countries, but the information is widely available on the internet.

However, the poster's question is insufficiently worded as to allow a precise answer..
0 Replies