Obama to join Mythbusters this December!

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2010 09:22 am
Quote:
Obama on 'MythBusters': Will he get to blow something up?
With President Obama on Mythbusters in December, the show will revisit a popular myth about the 'Archimedes death ray.'

By Peter Grier, Staff writer / October 18, 2010

President Obama is scheduled to appear on the December 8 episode of “MythBusters,” a Discovery Channel reality show.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Election-2010/Vox-News/2010/1018/Obama-on-MythBusters-Will-he-get-to-blow-something-up
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 1,592 • Replies: 6
No top replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2010 09:33 am
Wow. That's one of my favorite shows.
sozobe

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2010 09:34 am
@tsarstepan,
Awesome!

I do love this:

Quote:
“If you win the NCAA championship, you come to the White House. Well, if you’re a young person and you produce the best experiment or design, the best hardware or software, you ought to be recognized for that achievement too,” said the president last November.
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2010 09:37 am
@sozobe,
I definitely agree with that sentiment as well. Science and other academic risk takers should get their rightful acknowledgement as well much as collegiate and professional athletes.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2010 09:50 am
@FreeDuck,
FreeDuck wrote:

Wow. That's one of my favorite shows.

I met these guys (the B - team, actually) in a luggage store in Berkeley, California. They were filming, we walked in and got to tell them that they were awesome. Cool people.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2010 10:46 am
@sozobe,
Quote:
“If you win the NCAA championship, you come to the White House. Well, if you’re a young person and you produce the best experiment or design, the best hardware or software, you ought to be recognized for that achievement too,” said the president last November.

If you're a certified idiot who has failed at pretty much everything in life, they make you a president, for two terms - Reagan and Bush jr
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2010 11:00 am
Quote:
Obama to join Mythbusters this December!

My first reaction on reading this title was: "oh no, not this birther crap again!"
0 Replies