Wal-Mart signifies all that is wrong in America

McGentrix

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 08:16 pm
...and most likely you are.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 09:55 pm
McG, I don't even think you believe what you're saying half the time. I think you just like to argue. Which is why even though I disagree with almost everything you say, you are okay in my book. Keep fighting the good fight, my brotha!
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 11:00 pm
PDiddie wrote:
Spelling and punctuation and sentence composition are all a reflection of a person's education and intelligence.

I don't think people ought to use words that they don't know how to spell. There are several online dictionaries where one can verify spelling and meaning. I use them all the time. Hell, this website has a spellcheck for posting.

It's just an observation on my part that folks on the boards who exhibit some of the same reading, spelling, and comprehension difficulties also tend to agree with Bush that Saddam and al-Qaeda planned 9-11, that WMDs are still waiting to be discovered in Iraq, and that Wal-Mart is a great place to shop for everything one might need.

It could be that they got a nice Wal-Mart-style education -- ubiquitous, woefully inexpensive, served up by overworked and underpaid people and complete with a valueless warranty.

Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong.

When you back down from your own observation that is a sign of weakness. Shame. Don't back down from what you believe by putting up such a good fight by saying that you could be wrong. It should say "would" be wrong but hey I know I'm right.

This spelling thing doesn't bother me. Say what you want. Say it over and over again if you want. But no matter how many times you say it, it will not make the statement fact.

I say that people who make fun of spelling mistakes have a hard time coming up with a reasonable debate method and fall back on the lame one of spelling. They don't have the tools to put up a word sparing match. They fall back on dictionarys to help them in the fight of the mind and the wit. Such a crutch. Boring one at that. Plus the spelling thing has nothing to do with the topic at hand, which is Wal-Mart. Though you did throw in the fact that I might have got my education at Wal-Mart. Nice try in trying to keep your less than satisfactory comment on track.

It is a method of "stupid" to make fun of someone's speaking or spelling when a very valid point has been made, but is brushed aside. You are exactly what you hate. Someone who is picking on the little guy. Good job though in making yourself look so smart in reading the dictionary. I read that and almost fell asleep. Which you are quite the boring one. Dictionary reading? Come on anyone who does that couldn't possibly be entertaining.

Long winded? Yes I am. Oh let me touch a little more on the spelling: you may not think I did but I did check spelling. No need to feel sorry for me, not that I think you are going to being heartless and all, but I could never spell. The hardest thing for me was spelling in school. I was in special classes for reading because I was behind. I passed any spelling test by the skin of my teeth getting C's. I would study and study but it would never stick. But the funny thing is, is that I had reading problems and took a long time to learn to read correctly but grew up loving reading. I read book after book after book after book. I probably read way more than you. Two to three hours a night and more during the day. And I love to write. Ernest Hemingway couldn't spell either.

I don't like Bush. I really don't think anyone is smart enough to run this country. But it doesn't matter what I think on that.

So in conclusion I find you stupid. Stupid because of the way you base intelligence via the internet. Stupid because you don't even know me but your comfortable in claiming I have a lower education just because of my spelling mistakes. Stupid because that is all you have prove to me thus far. You give me no reason to think you have enough I.Q. points to get out of the range of stupid. And don't bother trying because I will never think of you in the same light as intelligent. Never.

Oh and cry all you want, post all you want about Wal-Mart this Wal-Mart that wa wa wa wa, it doesn't matter. Wal-Mart is everywhere. Wal-Mart will always be everywhere and you will probably die and Wal-Mart will out live you. But go on and keep up the crying and complaining about their bad business. It all boils down to the fact that you didn't think of it and your jealous of all the money that they have accumulated. Your not smart enough to have come up with the idea of "Wal-Mart". I know so.
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 11:05 pm
kickycan wrote:
Yeah, what PDiddie said!

Exhibit A - People who cannot say anything for themselves but find comfort in hiding behind others words. Smart? I direct you to what I wrote to PDiddie and let you decide.
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 11:09 pm
D'artagnan wrote:
BlueMonkey thinks it's futuristic to shop at Wal-Mart. Sounds to me like what it must have been like in the USSR, except with better consumer junk.

Didn't work there, BlueMonkey, sorry...

Remind me again where I said it was "futuristic" to shop at Wal-Mart? Futuristic would be shopping at a Wal-Mart on the Moon. I said progress. But then again your thesaurus must be old fashion and stupid. Or maybe it is just the user. Maybe.
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 11:12 pm
PDiddie wrote:
I hope that happens, but I won't hold my breath.

Doing that will damage an already damaged brain.
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 11:12 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Also, commenting on another's spelling is both childish and petty.

Don't forget stupid.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 11:19 pm
Well, you really told me off, Blue.

I must say, I admire anyone who is so candid and courageous about their learning disabilities as to reveal them in this forum.

It looks like you have made outstanding progress, and not just from some earlier posts to these most recent ones. I commend you.

However, it sounds as if you still have too many chips and not enough shoulders, and only professional therapy can help you with that.

And I also hope that Wal-Mart likewise recognizes your tremendous personal growth and promotes you very soon to assistant manager.

Nobody deserves it more. Cool
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 11:22 pm
Bluemonkey, please. I just stuck that in there as a little joke. Maybe you shouldn't take this stuff so seriously. I'll get back to the debate soon enough. When someone who doesn't know a f*cking thing about me questions my intelligence based on four words I said as a joke, unprovoked, it pisses me off. So please lay off the personal attacks, okay genius?
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 11:30 pm
Wow PDiddie did you come up with the Wal-Mart line all by yourself? Because I saw that coming a mile away. First you comment on how I got my education so the only thing left was me working there. That must have took you --- who cares. And the chip thing. Wow did you read a book for that one? Dust it off the shelf to put it out there.

It doesn't change the fact that you are stupid. Waite maybe I was too hard on you on no that was a joke I do think you are stupid. And lame. And not able to come up with something that hasn't been said before. Keep trying I'm sure you will venture out of the "copying" territory in about . . . . never.
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 11:33 pm
kickycan wrote:
Bluemonkey, please control your inner control freak. I just stuck that in there as a little joke. Maybe you shouldn't take this stuff so seriously. I'll get back to the arguing soon enough.

It is quite easy to say you are joking. And maybe you are. But see so are people who point and laugh at fat people. Next time you are joking maybe you should be funny. Otherwise the definition of joke will forever be changed.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 12:04 am
By the way BM, when PDid said that thing about "maybe he's wrong" it was meant to be ironic. You see how you might have taken that part a little bit too literally? Now I don't want to get into an argument about sense of humor here, but I can tell you one thing. You don't have it.

Are you done now? Okay, I'll give you one more. Tell me how stupid and unfunny I am. Go ahead, I know you have one more little petty attack left in ya. Get it out. Let me really have it! But this is the last one, so make it good. Not like that last post, where you proved my point that you have NO SENSE OF HUMOR.

All this indignant rage and insecurity because I said, "Yeah, what he said!" That's funny. I guess that proves that you can be a humorless jackass and a funny little bluemonkey at the same time.
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 12:10 am
Gladstone: "You will either die on the gallows or from syphillis."

Disraeli: "Depending on whether I embrace your morals or your wife."
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 12:11 am
And when you say BM it makes me think of Bowel Movement.
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 12:13 am
kickycan wrote:
All this indignant rage because I said, "Yeah, what he said!" That's funny.

Now it is.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 12:16 am
Trolling trolling trolling....
Keep them monkeys trolling...
The forum he is soiling...
BM!
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 12:20 am
hobitbob wrote:
Trolling trolling trolling....
Keep them monkeys trolling...
The forum he is soiling...
BM!

Clap.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 12:27 am
BlueMonkey wrote:
Gladstone: "You will either die on the gallows or from syphillis."

Disraeli: "Depending on whether I embrace your morals or your wife."

Okay that was a little bit funny . . .

BlueMonkey wrote:
And when you say BM it makes me think of Bowel Movement.

Yes. Glad you caught that. You do have a sense of humor. Cool.

Allright now where were we . . . Walmart sucks because . . . aaaw screw it, I'm going to bed. Nice battling with ya, Blue.

later
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 12:28 am
And look I do know how to spell "whether".
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 12:34 am
I have to admit this was pretty fun. Maybe we should start a "Personal attack" thread. Just people rippin into each other mercilessly.

Okay, now I'm really going to bed.

later
0 Replies