MEN SHOULD NOT MARRY THESE WOMEN

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 02:14 pm
@Setanta,
OK, so they get really mad when we forget their birthday, or our anniversary, or to close the garage door at night;

They complain when we drink milk from the container instead of a glass;

They moan when we cut out articles from the newspaper when they haven't read it yet;

They get riled when we invite out buddies to play poker without informing her;

Etc. Etc.

BBB
contrex

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 02:20 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

OK, so they get really mad when we forget their birthday, or our anniversary, or to close the garage door at night;

They complain when we drink milk from the container instead of a glass;

They moan when we cut out articles from the newspaper when they haven't read it yet;

They get riled when we invite out buddies to play poker without informing her;

In other words, when we are inconsiderate, as they have every right to do. (Which is what you mean, I think?)
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 02:28 pm
@contrex,
contrex wrote:
Incidentally, why do Americans have to initialise everything? Toilet paper becomes "TP", my American friend refers to the UK Home Office as "the HO" (Nobody else does.) He is having an "LDR" with a girl in Peru. Is it a symptom of a country, a people, a culture, racing along so fast it has not got the time to spell things out in full?

I have read a claim (to the accuracy of which i cannot speak) that it is a product of the Second World War. The Army Air Force (it was not yet a separate service) became the USAAF, the Office of Strategic Services became the OSS (father to the CIA), the Women's Army Air Force members were known as WAAFs, etc. Pesonally, though, i think it began earlier with Franklin Roosevelt's (FDR) "alphabet soup" agencies: CCC (Civilian Conservation Corps, make-work organized on a national scale), WPA (the Works Progress Administration), NRA (National Recovery Act), etc., etc. Wikipedia has quite an extensive list of them.

However, not all Americans are infected with that disease, and your acquaintance sounds to me like an extreme case.
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 02:47 pm
@Setanta,
Love that John Prine song!
Setanta

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 02:54 pm
@jjorge,
Me too, it's one of my favorites. I should go find a youtube version, because it's rollicking good fun.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 03:06 pm
The sound quality on this isn't that good, but it's from the good old days, when John was still young . . .

0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 03:06 pm
LDR?

Louisianna Department of Revenue?

According to the Nepoleonic Code, in Louisiana what belongs to the wife belongs to the husband also, and vice versa.

Quick!
What's that from?

Worth only 2 points 'cause it's so easy.
dyslexia

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 03:11 pm
@Setanta,
I would think that you, of all people, would understand that satire, irony, understatement, over statement, extreme exaggeration, logic, rationality etc are not acceptable by many a2k posters. It's akin to preaching the beatitudes to a throng of Paulists.
Setanta

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 03:12 pm
@dyslexia,
Oh ye of little face . . .
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 03:42 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

LDR?

Louisianna Department of Revenue?

If an American in the UK is having an "LDR" with a girl in Peru, it is quite likely to be a "long distance relationship", is it not?

Incidentally, the UK Border Police refuse entry to dozens of Americans every month who have "fallen in love" with English people via the Internet, but have never met them face-to-face, who seem to think they can just up sticks and "move to England" to be with the one they "lurve". They are mostly soppy women but quite a few guys as well.

0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2010 02:00 am
Men shouldn't marry women with close women friends.
That always leads to trouble.
They talk about stuff. And get ideas.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2010 02:57 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Men should not marry wimmins who:

Won't make dinner evey night.
Expect men to do their own laundry.
Don't laugh at their jokes.
Obsess over the toilet seat.
Care how the TP is loaded.
Insist everyone wear clothing inside the house.
Consider a $200 dinner date a form of foreplay.
Deny the dogs' right to get comfortable on the furniture.

Why not just stop at, don't get married? Ultimately at some point something that you don't like about your wife will eventually reveal itself. It is unavoidable.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2010 03:10 am
@raprap,
raprap wrote:

I do this, the roll out of the dispenser, with the backpacker option. Unroll the roll from the inside by pulling the cardboard 'DerDer' completely out of the roll. A plume of sheets is pulled along with the 'DerDer' from the middle of the roll making it possible to dispence the TP from the inside.

Even bathroom 'fussbudgets' can use this technique by placing the roll in a frilly sack, but on the trail backpackers place the roll, unless they're flying commando, in an empty 1 pound coffee can with a plastic lid to keep meeces from building nests with precious TP.

Rap

It sounds like you could be a budding Martha Stewart. Wink
Lash

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2010 05:35 pm
@Setanta,
I agree!...and let some man try to keep my dog outta the bed. Mayhem ensues, I tell you!
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2010 05:41 pm
@tsarstepan,
Martha's bathroom...

http://home.comcast.net/~gamma_2584/Pictures/maxtp.jpg
Mame

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2010 05:49 pm
@Irishk,
Oy! That doesn't look like Martha's bathroom to me!

1. There are no plants.
2. Everything is white and stark and industrial looking.
3. No one is serving drinks or food.
4. Doesn't feel like a spa.
5. Where are the towels??
6. No phone, no tv... wtf?

lol

Looks like a bathroom in a gas station!
djjd62

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2010 05:50 pm
MEN SHOULD NOT MARRY THESE WOMEN

bummer, i thought Set was gonna name names
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2010 05:52 pm
@Mame,
Maybe when she was in the slammer lol.
Mame

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2010 07:10 pm
@Irishk,
lol, didn't she make the whole prison over? these must be the BEFORE pics Smile
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2010 07:11 pm
@Mame,
And furthermore, that pot ain't got no lid.