Have your sense of justice mellowed as you've gotten older?

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2010 11:29 am
Have your sense of justice mellowed as you've gotten older?

THE COLORS OF MY LIFE
By BumbleBeeBoogie

In my youthful blue fantasy period, my creative mind was awhirl with artistic and inventive ideas to catch the wind in a gossamer net. Philosophical idealism, and boundless physical and mental energy convinced me I could weave ropes of tawny sand.

During my green nurturing period, commitment to young children distracted my natural inclinations toward social activism outside my family's circle. But a sense of justice, equity and fairness denied was boiling inside,
waiting to be released and directed.

A tremendous burst of personal growth emerged during my red activist period. I challenged the status quo and aggressively pursued my justice goals, learning to be a creative and reliable follower, then a mentor and a leader.

Now, in my mellow yellow period, in my heart I still support young warriors,
but have put my crusades behind me. Cautious planning for a shrinking future leads me into more sedentary, but intellectually stimulating pursuits.
These I can handle.

But the anger still lurks in the recesses of my brain cells, sparking neural receptors not to loose the memories of my aqua hopes and coral dreams in the color palette of my life.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 687 • Replies: 1
No top replies

engineer

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2010 11:41 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
My ability to see shades of gray in a given situation has increased, so my righteous indignation quotient has dropped.
0 Replies