She surely sees sea salts are shady.

tycoon

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2010 11:09 am
I've smoked meats for quite a few years, and subscribe to a forum dedicated to the art. I recall a conversation about attempting to create smoked salt. The conventional wisdom was that it was not possible as there is nothing for the smoke particles to adhere to on the surface of the salt crystal.

I strongly suspect smoked salt is a mixture of regular salt and some unknown proprietary substance.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2010 11:15 am
I once got some salt from the Bonneville salt flats in Utah. It had an ingredient list which included a great many trace minerals which are good for you (for me, too!). Unfortunately, i haven't seen it since.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2010 11:37 am
@plainoldme,
Really? I've seen a lot of private "sea salt makers" there quite recently. (They are mainly family-run small businesses, organised e.g. in La coopérative - Les Salines de Guérande.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2010 11:42 am
@ibstubro,
I bet you are right. That's the only time I favor green chili.
ibstubro

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2010 05:08 pm
@roger,
Gives it just a little kick and a touch of smoke.

I bought some jalapeno ketchup recently because it was on clearance and it is WONDERFUL on eggs!
0 Replies