Dadpad does Europe photos

dadpad

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2010 03:22 am
Packaged liquor and full strength beer is only available from the government shop. In Stockholm there are only 2 such shops. No drive through bottle shops no supermarket liqour shops. the hours are limited 9.00 - 5.00 on week days and (i think) open until 1.00 pm on saturday. so theres no slipping down to the bottle shop for a 6 pack on a saturday afternoon.
The best beer I had (and I tried a fair few) was from the boutique brewery/bottling plant walter took us to in Germany. I cant remember the name off the top of my head but I had several.
There was a lot of corn in Germany.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2010 04:41 am
@dadpad,
dadpad wrote:

The best beer I had (and I tried a fair few) was from the boutique brewery/bottling plant walter took us to in Germany. I cant remember the name off the top of my head but I had several.

Pott's Nature Park Brewery brews a couple of beers themselves, but uses their capacity to bottle for other breweries, too (when we were there, a couple of tank lorries were waiting outside), especially, since the can fill those old-stylish swing stopper bottles, up to 24,000 per hour ...

http://i52.tinypic.com/6iyx4j.jpg

Oh, we watch all and everything in the brewery during the production.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2010 05:21 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Pott's Landbier (a lager-style beer, "country beer") is produced in Boston as well since this year: the Harpoon Brewery released Pott’s Landbier in the 100 Barrel Series this June.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2010 08:13 am
@dadpad,
Speaking of bottle caps, thanks, dadpad, for the recap. I missed the sweden photos since I persist in not doing facebook (yet). I liked the Germany photo slide shows, though, and the earlier England tour, a lot.

Was interested in what your particular eyes saw in Germany, re the field sizes, plantings, trees, and so on...
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2010 08:16 am
@dadpad,
dadpad wrote:

We stayed with Walter and his lovely wife In Germany and I have to say Walter went well out of his way to make sure we had a good time. He drove us everywhere, which was much more than i ever expected. I had to watch him otherwise he would have paid for everthing as well. As it was i had to argue with him about dinner bills. I can't emphasise enough how very greatfull we are to Walter and Ulla for their hospitality.
Also I must apologise for going to sleep in the car so much.

From what I know of Walter, I can believe that. He is extremely courteous.
0 Replies