you ever been to a psychic?

Intrepid

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 09:22 am
@chai2,
But, don't you see this ability as a sort of power that not everybody can display?
chai2

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 12:26 pm
@Intrepid,
No.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 12:42 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

I believe we all have the inate ability, but, as with all abilities, some have more of it, or have developed it.

I agree. Second sight has been talked of forever, and we all have some measure of it and in different forms. Skeptics just haven't come face to face with it.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 12:44 pm
@Intrepid,
I don't see it as power, either. It's just an ability. Like some people are really tuned into their intuition, and others aren't, yet we all have intuition. Gut feelings.
chai2

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 01:25 pm
@Mame,
Some will say that intuition, your gut feeling is meaningless, even foolish to pay attention to.

I disagree. My "gut" has never led me the wrong way.

Your gut/intuition is the part of you that is always alert, that takes in the nuances your conscious mind doesn't.

I guess if you were to ask some people why their gut was telling them something, they would say "I don't know"

There have been many times I've examined why my gut's telling me something, and there has always been a valid reason. It's not magic, or a mystery. It's being attuned.

As far as psychic ability...

I believe everything exists in a multidimensional web. Not just in space, but in time.
Some people are able to see some of the other threads, going off to the past, future, and other places.
Some beings who live on another thread might take it for granted that they can see much more of the web than we can.

chai2

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 01:27 pm
That said, I do truly believe that there are no play dates on any of those other threads.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 01:28 pm
man I never expected to stir up such a nest of silly geese as I have with this thread. wackos one and all.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 01:50 pm
@Mame,
I know what you are saying. I am not sure how to phrase me use of the word power. My intent is not to replace power for ability. I suppose it is more that those who possess this ability have the power to use it in many ways. Some for personal gain and wealth and some for the good of their fellow man. Does that make sense?
Intrepid

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 01:51 pm
@chai2,
My gut tells me when I am hungry. Smile
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 02:37 pm
@Intrepid,
Intrepid wrote:

I suppose it is more that those who possess this ability have the power to use it in many ways. Some for personal gain and wealth and some for the good of their fellow man. Does that make sense?

Have you ever heard of someone use their psychic ability in that way?

It's not like "this is written in stone and it will happen"

It's more like the Spirit of Christmas Yet to Come.

Except that, if you were to attempt to change the natural course, you might put the chain of events in worse shape than if some misfortune naturally occured.

Someone may be able to tell which way a stream of water flows, but they could not tell you which pebbles the water will splash up against.
Intrepid

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 04:44 pm
@chai2,
I don't think you quite got the drift of what I was saying. No matter.
chai2

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 06:37 pm
@Intrepid,
No, I got what you said.

They don't have the "power" to do that.

There are too many variables.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 06:39 pm
Phooey.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 06:57 pm
I've had tarot cards read too many times to count but that was because I worked at this wacky restraunt (that shared a name with a tarot card) where several employees considered tarot part of the opening prep.

The owner of said place did astrological charts that people paid him multi-hundreds of dollars for. I could never afford this service and didn't put much stock in it anyhow.

The bartender was a self proclaimed psychic and she did tell me something interesting once that seems to have held true throughout my life: that I would have many mothers.

I know it sounds kind of kooky to say she was right but I always seem to have an unlikely assortment of advisors, mentors, mothers.... whatever you want to call them. I've been lucky that way.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 08:33 pm
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamed of in your philosophy."

Hamlet, Act 1, Scene 5
0 Replies

Pemerson

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 08:54 pm
Sure, I've talked with psychics, have couple horoscopes, talked with the director of the metaphysical society in Michigan, more stuff even. We need everything we can find to get a correct picture of ourselves and where we fit in this place. Why else are they here? Most of us will also know when they're fake. And, we needn't spend more than a season studying ourselves, either. We can allow it to launch us, not get us staring at our navel.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 07:46 am
@Intrepid,
Intrepid wrote:

I know what you are saying. I am not sure how to phrase me use of the word power. My intent is not to replace power for ability. I suppose it is more that those who possess this ability have the power to use it in many ways. Some for personal gain and wealth and some for the good of their fellow man. Does that make sense?

None of the psychics I've met have used it for personal gain other than charging for their ability, but I think I get what you mean by a "power" because it is powerful to be able to see what others can't.

I totally trust my intuition. That's the little voice or feeling that makes you hesitate before stepping off the curb, you don't know why, but you hesitate and just then a truck hurtles past. Or you're driving in unfamiliar territory and you come to a fork and you have a hunch you should take the left one and it turns out to be the correct choice.
plainoldme

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 07:51 am
@Mame,
I think we all have moments of intuition. I always deposit my paltry scratch ticket winnings and found coins in my savings account about once a week. My interior voice told me not to make the deposit -- $4 -- that day. I did anyway. My wallet disappeared. I lost a couple of things in it that had great sentimental value.

I have bought some of my favorite garments and household items, always on sale, because the same interior voice urged me to shop that day.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 09:37 am
@dyslexia,
no

buncha bunkum

good thing there's a rube born every day
eoe

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 10:22 am
@ehBeth,
Calling us rubes, ehbeth?