you ever been to a psychic?

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 08:53 pm
I drove through Sedona Az once and had delusions of grandeur all the way to Jerome Az.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 16 • Views: 3,061 • Replies: 45
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 08:59 pm
@dyslexia,
I've been to Sedona for about two hours (at that cafe in the seventies). That was the same day I was at Arcosante, don't get me started.

I figure the land is beautiful in itself.

No, no psychic, not me.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 09:07 pm
Yes. I've been to a psychic, a tarot card reader and an astrologer.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 09:10 pm
I've been to a palm-reader (in D.C.), an astrologer (Santa Fe), and a psychic (Fla) in that order. All were sort of on a whim. The psychic was definitely a bit weird - in that she said some interesting stuff.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 09:12 pm
@dyslexia,
When I first saw the topic I thought it said psychologist. Laughing

Psychic? Actually, I did go to one several years ago with my wife and some friends. We each had separate sessions lasting about 15 minutes and we were charged $70.00 each.

I went thinking it would be a lark. Actually, I was amazed at what he said. He was accurate on so many things. Some of which did not happen until later. I was a sceptic, and probably still am, but I still find much of what he said very chilling.

He spent most of the time with one of the gals talking about a male friend of hers and encouraging her about some things about him that the psychic saw as problems. A week later, that friend committed suicide.

I have the occasional delusion too, (some may say more than occasional) but I am still trying to come to grips with psychics.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 09:20 pm
I went in a bar with my brother, Roger, about 1968. Seated already was a single patron, a woman of perhaps fifty. I am not sure what my brother was up to at the time she struck up a conversation. He was down the bar, out of hearing. She asked to read my palm. As she examined my calloused, grubby paw, her face registered astonishment. She appeared convinced I had that something special. She predicted I would be wed two times, once for love, once for convenience. I did marry twice. Then, indicating Roger, still in the distance, she said he would not grow. He would always be as we saw him at that moment. I guess she was right. He died near the end of 1969.
Did she have any real insight? I don't know.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 09:20 pm
@dyslexia,
I went to Sai Baba in India in 1984.
He answered my questions b4 I asked them.

David
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 09:26 pm
No.
dyslexia

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 09:28 pm
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

No.
whew.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 09:37 pm
@dlowan,
But you will.
dlowan

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 03:11 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

But you will.

No I won't.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 05:01 am
@dyslexia,
This is not exactly "psychic" and maybe semi-off topic (at least its kinda weird)
but in the 1970s, I met a young lad, a NYC high school science teacher,
who impressed me as having a mind that flashed brilliance,
as he spoke. He was a superb analyst. I was impressed.
He subsequently said that he was going to lecture
on the principles of numerology. I was taken aback n perplexed.

I wondered how such a demonstrably smart guy can credit
such prima facie nonsense. I attended his lecture
to find out what he had to say. He gave some formulas,
involving each member of the audience reducing his name
to its mathematical value and comparing the results to events
of their lives. It blew my mind, how it hit with such precision.

David
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 07:28 am
A dear friend of mine, whose cat was the mother of my cat, was a psychic magnet. Literally. She always knew a psychic. One of those women is actually prominent among psychics and Italian order modern day witches here in MA.

My friend regularly organized parties with her current psychic at the center. Current, because one of her practitioners, a pretty woman with amazing grooming, stopped her practice abruptly. She never answered her phone (pre-cell phone era) and her husband would say that she had gone out. Another moved to NH where her day job is running a seacoast m/hotel.

Each woman had something important and relevant to say to everyone and many of their insights into the characters and history of this circle of friends were accurate. Not all their predictions were positive. The woman who acted as organizer for these parties always received off-beat and funny futures. (This is a person with many talents and great comic ability, who considered pursuing a career as a stand-up comedian, so it seems natural for humor to surround her.)

One of the circle, a nurse, was told that she would marry again, and would meet her new husband in four months. Together, they would have two children. It happened. I was told that I would not find a job. I didn't, but, I had to fight fate or whatever and doubled my efforts. The organizer was told at the same session that she was going to be asked to care for a black dog while its owners were on vacation.

For weeks afterwards, she groused about how the nurse's prediction was about love and hers was about a black dog. At the time, this woman was a nursing student herself. Her daughter had moved to NYC after college and left her golden retriever with mom (common story, eh?) and this organizing woman walked the dog twice a day. About a month after the prediction, a neighbor stopped and introduced herself and asked my friend whether she was a dog walker. She wasn't but she agreed to care for the woman's dog when she was on vacation. A black dog. My friend was able to put together a little business afterwards, caring for pets that earned her a little spending money while in school. Oh, and the nurse did meet her second husband and had two children with him. I did not get a job.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 08:00 am
Oh yes, I've been to psychics, many times over the years. Some were amazingly accurate. Why I believe some people are psychic is that I went to a party with my cousin one year and saw this lady across the room. As I stared at her, I began to get a picture of her kitchen, or what I thought was her kitchen. So I went over to her and described it to her, in minute detail, down to the spoon in the pottery sugar holder containing brown sugar. She said that it was her kitchen. Neither of us was amazed, we chatted for a few more minutes, then separated. So, if I could see that, others can certainly see more. Many predictions I've been told have come true.

I went to one when Oliver died. Among other things, the woman told me that Denise would have two more children, both girls, and that she would not have another boy. That happened, too.
Intrepid

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 08:26 am
I hope this isn't too far off topic, but it just occured to me after reading some of the posts.

Why can people believe in psychic powers but not believe in Godly powers?
eoe

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 08:27 am
@Intrepid,
I believe in the possibility of all higher powers.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 08:28 am
No. I don't wnat to learn things about myself. I find myself distateful.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 09:04 am
@Mame,
Mame wrote:
Oh yes, I've been to psychics, many times over the years. Some were amazingly accurate. Why I believe some people are psychic is that I went to a party with my cousin one year and saw this lady across the room. As I stared at her, I began to get a picture of her kitchen, or what I thought was her kitchen. So I went over to her and described it to her, in minute detail, down to the spoon in the pottery sugar holder containing brown sugar. She said that it was her kitchen. Neither of us was amazed, we chatted for a few more minutes, then separated. So, if I could see that, others can certainly see more. Many predictions I've been told have come true.
Some people whose human bodies have died have said that, while out of their dead bodies,
thay intuited that the obvious certainty that each of us has his own mentality, personality, and individuality is false;
that the UNITY OF ONE LIFE is the actual fact
and that the diversity of life is an illusion.

When a dreamer is asleep,
is it much of a surprize if the characters in his dream know
what one another is thinking ?

David
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 09:14 am
@Mame,
that's awesome mame; what colour was her aura? I'm guessing mauve or periwinkle.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 09:17 am
@Intrepid,
Intrepid wrote:

I hope this isn't too far off topic, but it just occured to me after reading some of the posts.

Why can people believe in psychic powers but not believe in Godly powers?

I don't think of it as psychic "power"

I believe we all have the inate ability, but, as with all abilities, some have more of it, or have developed it.

Yes, I have been to psychics.

I had a dear friend that had a very developed ability, and I had no reason to doubt her.

She did not look at this ability as a blessing, but rather as a cross to bare, and wished she did not "see" or know about many of the things she knew. She did nothing to profit from it, ever.