can the father of my girl charge me with kidnapping?

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2010 02:29 pm
i came to b.c. with our daughter, from alberta, and a letter stating that i would return on a agreed upon date. while i have been here i have decided to stay here as its a healthier environment for my daughter and myself. i wanted the father to come here as well, but he wont, unless we go back to alberta and take care of our property and such! I wanted to stay here to work and safe $ for reno"s etc. he is now threatening to charge me with kidnapping because i do not want to return to alberta, as i have always been miserable, and depressed there. can he charge me with kidnapping?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,227 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2010 07:40 pm
Why did you create a letter promising to return?
Are you two divorced?
Was he awarded custody through the court?

0 Replies
Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2010 05:59 pm
He did...to get him off my back!! there is a current custody order in place which i believed to be nul in void when we got back together...supossed to be in crt next thurs...no funds to return...maybe a phone conferance or c if legal aid will represent me...feel screwed!!! I hate alb
Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2010 08:38 pm
until an order is officially changed, it stands as written.

sounds like you are in danger of being where you don't want to be...
0 Replies
Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2010 01:08 pm
Get that child to where-ever she or he legally needs to be.
Never mind how YOU feel.
Plead your case to the court, but do not move that child where you do not have custody.
0 Replies

Related Topics

  1. Forums
  2. » can the father of my girl charge me with kidnapping?
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 05/06/2021 at 06:28:01